Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Xavi: If it was up to me, I would never leave Barça

by Jamie Kemp | Posted on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014

Barcelona captain Xavi Hernández has taken part in an exclusive interview with Fiebre Maldini, which will air on Canal+ on Thursday night – where he talks about a host of the biggest talking points around the club at the moment, as well as some other issues close to his heart.

1410864320_821857_1410864391_noticia_grande.jpg

“If it was up to me, I would never leave Barcelona, but that decision will lie out of my hands. There’s been many times where I could have left but I’ve never been able to. I told the club this summer that I didn’t want to play for another club in Europe, I never want to play for someone else against Barça. I want to finish my career here.”

Xavi then spoke about a couple of his teammates at the club. Of course, an interview with a Barcelona player would not be complete without them taking about Lionel Messi for a moment, while Xavi also spoke about his long-time midfielder partner Andrés Iniesta.

“For me, he is the best player that has ever lived. For me, nobody can even be compared to him. He is the best in the world, without a shadow of a doubt. Iniesta? I think he’s the most talented Spanish player in our history. He epitomises everything good that Barça have done in recent times, his play is reflected in it constantly. ”

The 34-year old then spoke about another couple of influential figures in his career, that have unfortunately passed away in the recent past. Luis Aragonés and Tito Vilanova were both important people in the veteran midfielder’s career, and he paid them both extremely high compliments.

“Luis was the most influential person in my career, without a doubt. I don’t want to be unjust by praising him over everyone else that has been a part of it, but I can say for sure, I would not be where I am without him.

Tito Vilanova was an extraordinary man. He was a real football man – a winner but also a very caring person. His human values will leave a footprint in Barcelona for a long time.”

:worthy: :worthy:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you culé.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Barcelona captain Xavi Hernández has taken part in an exclusive interview with Fiebre Maldini, which will air on Canal+ on Thursday night – where he talks about a host of the biggest talking points around the club at the moment, as well as some other issues close to his heart.

“If it was up to me, I would never leave Barcelona, but that decision will lie out of my hands. There’s been many times where I could have left but I’ve never been able to. I told the club this summer that I didn’t want to play for another club in Europe, I never want to play for someone else against Barça. I want to finish my career here.”

picard_clapping.gif

Neeraj

Best player in history of the universe : Messi
Best player on the planet : Iniesta
Best Spanish in history : Xavi

Fixed. Iniesta is the best player in the world. There's no question. When making these statements of best at this, best at that, best overall,etc. - It's good to leave Messi out as it ruins the discussion. He is just the best at everything cause he is not natural or human. He is a dog man (refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmz3KpxBqRc).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a real treasure of an interview, honestly...I love Xavi, absolutely a legend but blaugrana through & through...Reminds me of Pep but Xavi is a much more extraordinary talent as a footballer

We're lucky he's stayed and I am certain he will show again what sort of living legend he continues to be and prove decisive in key matches

F

Flavia

Xavi: "I had discomfort first two games. Happy with my 60 minutes today. Role in the team? We'll see later, I'm there when coach needs me."

Not 100% fit yet...

dakt

Xavi then spoke about a couple of his teammates at the club. Of course, an interview with a Barcelona player would not be complete without them taking about Lionel Messi for a moment, while Xavi also spoke about his long-time midfielder partner Andrés Iniesta.

“For me, he is the best player that has ever lived. For me, nobody can even be compared to him. He is the best in the world, without a shadow of a doubt. Iniesta? I think he’s the most talented Spanish player in our history. He epitomises everything good that Barça have done in recent times, his play is reflected in it constantly. ”

The 34-year old then spoke about another couple of influential figures in his career, that have unfortunately passed away in the recent past. Luis Aragonés and Tito Vilanova were both important people in the veteran midfielder’s career, and he paid them both extremely high compliments.

“Luis was the most influential person in my career, without a doubt. I don’t want to be unjust by praising him over everyone else that has been a part of it, but I can say for sure, I would not be where I am without him.

Tito Vilanova was an extraordinary man. He was a real football man – a winner but also a very caring person. His human values will leave a footprint in Barcelona for a long time.”

I understand his will not to play for any other club. After Barca, what else is there? He was in the best squad in history, part of the best football story, full of memories...you just need to close the book. I'm also in love with that story, but Barca has to continue and Xavi is no longer on the level. :( :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans