Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
What Ronaldo said on messi after wc and what Neur said on Ronaldo were much worse. He at least did not comment anything personally. It is not arrogance, he is just stating his opinion. Whether it is right or wrong is a different issue. But please dont be cunts and say xavi is arrogant. He may some times come off with a wrong idea in press conferences like how we "controlled" the game against bayern but he was never arrogant.

Morten

I thougth Ronaldos comments about Messi was unclassy of him tbh. Xavis statement isnt that bad, but its just that its nothing new for him to respond in a kind of non-respectable manner, he has done it for years.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well Xavi is not a typical saint. But I don't see much disrespect in his statements. Many people said messi should not be in top 3 too. So all those people who said those are arrogant and disrespectful then? I don't see it as arrogant. It is just their opinion. He said that you need to play good in world cup in a world cup year. It is not right but there is nothing disrespect in that.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I always loved his pressers. The superiority complex always comes through :lol:. He has complete disregard for anything that isn't similar to Barça.

footyfan

Calma, calma
As was said in the Messi thread, his control in the goal vs Cordoba is actually Xavi's signature move. There's 4 or 5 instances in just this half season so far:

Some of his moves are seriously on another level this season compared to last year.

Last edited:

doublehh03

During in 2010, Messi scored 0 goal in South Africa and wasn't really good at that time. Even Higuain was better than him but Messi won the super cup and La Liga.

And in 2014? Ronaldo scored goal+assist, he've won FIFA club world cup, CDR, european supercup and Champions League. He beaten a rechord when Messi was at his peak, I'm referring to most CL-goals. And Ronaldo scored with tons of goals, 17 fucking goals to be exactly.

If Xavi doesn't think that Ronaldo (actually) doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or, then he must think that Messi doesn't deserve to win the award either.

He embarrass himself...

But in 2010 Argentina did get out of the group stage. Portugal in 2014 was embarrassing and couldn't get out of the group stage. Huge difference.

If you don't now how bad Portgual was, you simply didn't watch the WC.

Last edited:

hamad138

Banned
I've never liked Xavi's pressers/interviews, and didn't really find this one very interesting either. Most of the questions were answered in pure diplomatic style, something you'd hear from the board. I understand players have to be cautious and can't be shooting their mouth, saying stupid things. But Xavi is seen as the heart and face of the team, and it would be nice if he could be slightly less diplomatic and address some questions head on, without being rude or saying nasty things that would get him into trouble.
Lahm also commented on the 2014 Ballon d'Or race, insisting that it will not be an injustice if team-mate Manuel Neuer doesn't win.

Neuer is on the final three-man shortlist for football's biggest individual prize, along with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

"There will be no injustice if Neuer doesn't take first prize," he stated.

"I would love it to be a German, but we should not be too subjective, Cristiano Ronaldo also deserves to win."

U still can be diplomatic

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi4life;1368405[B said:
]During in 2010, Messi scored 0 goal in South Africa and wasn't really good at that time.[/B] Even Higuain was better than him but Messi won the super cup and La Liga.

And in 2014? Ronaldo scored goal+assist, he've won FIFA club world cup, CDR, european supercup and Champions League. He beaten a rechord when Messi was at his peak, I'm referring to most CL-goals. And Ronaldo scored with tons of goals, 17 fucking goals to be exactly.

If Xavi doesn't think that Ronaldo (actually) doesn't deserve to win Ballon d'Or, then he must think that Messi doesn't deserve to win the award either.

He embarrass himself...

You clearly didn't watch him playing there. He was actually better than in 2014.

slvtn

As for Ballon d'Or.Ribery should have won last year as he was the most complete player out of the chosen three and he did much to win the triple. This year it should and probably will be Ronaldo. No offense to Messi or even to Neuer (both are brilliant players), but Ronaldo showed brilliance and scored so many important goals.

What's the matter with Xavi anyway? There were lots of rumors during the preseason that he would leave in winter break? I think it would be cool if he could show his skills in the MLS, on the other hand the team clearly needs him now and the day of him leaving Barca will be a caesura in the club's history.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Xavi will retire in barca in 2016. I can't imagine him playing at any other club not even in MLS. He will retire in 2016 take coaching classes coaches barca b for 1 season then becomes barca coach with puyol as his assistant. I can see it clearly. Xavi does not think anything other than barca and football, so it is only logical that he retires here.

M

Madara Uchiha

Can he be a player/assistant manager next season?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans