Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Can't he be our fucking player coach like Giggs. He can't be much worse than Lucho and might even have a clear game plan and idea about shit he is doing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can't wait that Xavi becomes our manager one day. So damn intelligent.

Do you think he was referring to Enrique? ;)

Xavi Hernández recenlty spoke with El País Semanal. Answering the question about transition in the team, Xavi explained,“It is not that Puyol is missing, other things are missing: Cohesion, we have signed new people, there is a coach with some new ideas that require time, it is a matter of the whole team. Messi himself can’t just change a game for so many times. Sometimes people do not understand this.”

Morten

I doubt Xavi will make it the highest level as a good coach. Its good o have a philosophy and all, but he seem to stuck up with possession and having the "right" style. I cant see him playing it on the counter like ever, even if it would be the smart thing in a hypotetical scenario.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

I doubt Xavi will make it the highest level as a good coach. Its good o have a philosophy and all, but he seem to stuck up with possession and having the "right" style. I cant see him playing it on the counter like ever, even if it would be the smart thing in a hypotetical scenario.

Pep was the same and won 16 trophies in 4 years.

Kohe321

Xavi is very intelligent and has a natural friendly authority about him. His football knowledge is off the charts, and he has the right amount of confidence without being arrogant and enough humility to lead a club like Barca for a long time without causing friction. I also think this same intelligence and humility means that he'll be a pretty dynamic coach who'd rather talk to the players and solve issues and improve on and off the field together, rather than to stubbornly power on with his own set ideals no matter what.

Basically I think he has what it takes to be a fantastic coach for Barca, I really have high hopes for him. Again, I really hope it doesn't take too long before we can watch him coach Barca B.

Devils

Lol Xavi must read these forums to put out a statement like that.

Brilliant stuff because it is 100% correct.

mssarm

The Captain does not have full faith in the coach, this hasn't happened since Jordi Roura was our temporary manager
What makes you think that he is not trusting the coach. You should read the full interview. He said he has great relationship with Lucho, he was ready to leave for New York, but Lucho convinced him to stay and he promised to let him play as far his form is in line with others. He also mentioned that Lucho calls him Pelopo and coaching Barca under current circumstances is not an easy task.
There's no need to make stuff up. Xavi is a great professionall, I really admire him. I wish he could become as successful as Pep, because he is true role model for young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans