Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I told my friends the game was over as soon as I saw him warming up. Pure legend.

He was soo much better than Iniesta today.

Alik

I do think that there's not much between Xavi and Iniesta this season. I wish they would rotate more often.

Unfortunately, he probably won't play more often than he does now. Probably his last Classico.

Mido

Xavi is superior to Iniesta and Rakitic in nearly every offensive aspect ( Rakitic (and Iniesta) runs (slighltly) more ).

I am 99,9 % sure that Enrique's choice of letting Iniesta start against City and Real Madrid was because of his defensive workrate.

I second the idea of having Xavi rotate with Iniesta more often. ATM, Iniesta role in midfield is much less about vision and dribbling and more about distribution and possession, which makes sense from a tactical standpoint since we already have forwards who excel at the former but not necessarily the latter. But this means that we have to field him as CM or even as a deep lying playmaker, as we saw in the Classico to compensate for Mascherano's poor distribution skills. This not Iniesta's natural position, but Xavi's –*so it makes sense to see him there more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans