Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Xavi has earned the right to do as he wishes. If he decides to leave then I won't think any worse of him.

Antimadridista1

He hasn't said anything, it's the press. I see nothing wrong with him wanting to play more, and win more money as well. Xavi gave a lot to Barça, he can do whatever he wants.

Don't get me wrong about that. Xavi is a legend and I respect him a lot for all his achievements.
He can do whatever he wants and go wherever he wants but first of all, to make a deal while the season is still on track and knowing that his contract ends in 2016 and not 2015 (comparing to Alves for whom I understand that he's talking with other clubs) is not respectful.
He should focus on the season and do his personal stuff when it's over.

Secondly, and obviously this is my personal opinion, I don't like the fact that he wants to play just and only for money in a country like Qatar.

Anyway, I wish him all the best and hope that he'll be back soon in our club (in the coaching staff or as a board member).

@instinct : No, I wouldn't do the same. Everyone have different values. Anyways, this is not the matter.

Man, I find it disrespectful because I think that players should focus on their current contract and more importantly on the season. International break or not, players have agents who are the one's handling all this stuff. RAC1 say that he'll travel tomorrow to sign a contract and in my opinion this is not appropriate.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Don't get me wrong about that. Xavi is a legend and I respect him a lot for all his achievements.
He can do whatever he wants and go wherever he wants but first of all, to make a deal while the season is still on track and knowing that his contract ends in 2016 and not 2015 (comparing to Alves for whom I understand that he's talking with other clubs) is not respectful.

Secondly, and obviously this is my personal opinion, I don't like the fact that he wants to play just and only for money in a country like Qatar.

Why is not respectful? He's going there to evaluate the proposal, he hasn't signed anything yet. Even if he did, that's not disrespectful towards the club.

I

instinct

If the team wins the treble, to get a chance of repeating the sextuple. It's a stretch though.

And to help the team out while it's in a transfer ban.

He probably loves the club more than anyone else and I think he knows that it's time for him to leave especially because Samper is knocking on the first team's door. What would his role be? Always 2nd choice after Iniesta and Rakitic? Competing with Rafinha who constantly gets better or Samper who needs to develop properly? Nah.
I think that he doesn't like his current role as a substitute. He said last year that he didn't feel important after not playing much in the NT and in the La Liga final. Lucho convinced him to stay but why should he cope with such a difficult situation for another season?
He'll be 36 in January and Lucho probably won't give him more playing time than he does now. I can fully understand his decision to leave. It's sad that he doesn't get the chance to be Samper's mentor but he'll make room for the young kid who'll hopefully be able to replace him in the future.

Alik

Personally, as a fan, I'd prefer him to go to a league where he'd still have some exposure like the MLS.

But, I don't think there's anything disrespectful about his behavior. Barca is probably aware of it, the situation has already been discussed I'd imagine.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As a fan I'm glad he's not going to a club where comparisons will be made and instead get paid - if anyone deserves it, it's the greatest midfielder of our generation...We won't see another midfielder do what he has done anymore than we will see another Messi in our lifetime

Retire by going out to stud like a champion racehorse

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like his decision to play in country that funds terrorism and fundamentalists.
It won't taint his legend status but just a remainder that even our football favorites are just humans.

cmsy27

So sad, but on a more positive note:

ESPN says
Xavi, 35, is set to receive a salary of €10 million and will study for his coaching licences during his time in Qatar at the Aspire Academy, the reports say.

Hope we see him back in Barcelona soon, likely in a coaching capacity :)

Icarium

Lifestealer
I am happy that he will get high salary, he really deserves it. I don't think barca will be ready to pay that salary for another 3 years. Plus he can start coaching lesson and return to coach barca b in 2-3 years. But this is not what i wanted for him though tbh, i want him to either retire at barca or move to 5-6 leagues in 3 years and play there and get to know about football in general. That will really help him in realizing his football philosophy.

BigBarcaBoy

I hope the stay will be short and that he returns to the club in some way ,after all the recent problems we cannot afford to lose a man like Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans