Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

The offer Xavi has to join Qatari club Al Sadd on 3-year deal includes the plan for Xavi to become QAT coach at 2022 World Cup in Qatar [as]

So he wouldn't be back any time soon...

Kerrybai

Really gutted he's going to Qatar. He could'nt have picked a more useless irrelevant league.... I was hoping for the MLS which actually has a decent fanbase as well as many older stars and it's also easy to catch matches from time to time. No way I'll be tuning into watch Xavi ever again. Oh well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very sad to see the legend leave us, wish him the best from the bottom of my heart, no matter where he decides to go.

In the meantime, I am immensely worried about our midfield next season. Xavi, despite having his best years behind year, still has had a great impact this season whenever he came on the field and instilled a sense of stability and pace. What do we do without the legend?

XaviMessiGirl

Personally, as a fan, I'd prefer him to go to a league where he'd still have some exposure like the MLS.

But, I don't think there's anything disrespectful about his behavior. Barca is probably aware of it, the situation has already been discussed I'd imagine.

Yeah, I wish he'd go to MLS too, but it's just selfish reasons on my part. How are we supposed to follow him in the Qatari league? But yeah, he can do what he wants and we shouldn't think less of him for it.

DinhoR10

Very sad to see the legend leave us, wish him the best from the bottom of my heart, no matter where he decides to go.

In the meantime, I am immensely worried about our midfield next season. Xavi, despite having his best years behind year, still has had a great impact this season whenever he came on the field and instilled a sense of stability and pace. What do we do without the legend?

Samper to the rescue.

Mido

This is still not 100% sure in my opinion. If it happens to be, I would be tremendously disgusted. Enrique is also to blame in this case.

Mido

Midfielders on the bench next season : Rafinha ; Sergi Roberto ; Samper (??)

I really hope this is not sure yet...

F

Flavia

This is still not 100% sure in my opinion. If it happens to be, I would be tremendously disgusted. Enrique is also to blame in this case.

Why? Xavi was leaving last summer, LE convinced him to stay one more year.

Mido

Why? Xavi was leaving last summer, LE convinced him to stay one more year.

Enrique convincing Xavi to stay is, in my humble opinion, as true as Santa Claus !

I do remember very well watching a couple of Luis Enrique Martinez interviews during the pre-season and he clearly seemed not to be keen on keeping Xavi.

Enrique is to blame because he didn't give Xavi the playing time he truly deserves (IMHO). Xavi brings more to the game than Iniesta this season.

Xavi playing 0 minutes in both games against City is outrageous. Xavi played approx. 1500 minutes this season. He should have AT LEAST played 1800-1900 minutes at this stage of the season.

Enrique, and very likely some Barca board memebers, should be held accountable. Xavi gave soooo much to this club, he he has the right to play where he wants. Still I would not respect this decision...

( If you want I can show you the interviews where Enrique sounded very suspicious).

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Enrique convincing Xavi to stay is, in my humble opinion, as true as Santa Claus !

I do remember very well watching a couple of Luis Enrique Martinez interviews during the pre-season and he clearly seemed not to be keen on keeping Xavi.

Enrique is to blame because he didn't give Xavi the playing time he truly deserves (IMHO). Xavi brings more to the game than Iniesta this season.

Xavi playing 0 minutes in both games against City is outrageous. Xavi played approx. 1500 minutes this season. He should have AT LEAST played 1800-1900 minutes at this stage of the season.

Enrique, and very likely some Barca board memebers, should be held accountable. Xavi gave soooo much to this club, he he has the right to play where he wants. Still I would not respect this decision...

( If you want I can show you the interviews where Enrique sounded very suspicious).

Xavi: "Luis Enrique convinced me to stay this season, and he didn't mislead me. I wanted to be important for the team and I feel I am."

F

Flavia

Xavi told LE convinced him to stay himself, many times. Unless you think he was lying. But I have no reason to doubt him.

Mido

Playing time of the midfiel players this season :

Xavi : 1562 minutes

Rakitic : 2470 minutes

Busquets : 2469 minutes

Iniesta : 2113 minutes

Rafinha : 1282 minutes

Sergi Roberto : 654 minutes

We will deserve it if Xavi leaves... Rakitic and Iniesta played way too much according to their importance this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans