Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

And that is bad because?

Some of you guys keep saying this, but never say why it's a bad thing. Whose principles do you think Ajax have laid their foundation on?

Because this is 2021 not 2011 anymore. I repeteadly said imo this approach can't be successful anymore without thorough adaptation. Since he looks like an absolute purist of the cruyffsm imo it won't work especially with this set of players.

serghei

Ok, let's say that is correct, how it does answer my question?
Fluid football are present since Rinus Michels at least. Do we credit all systems and coaching style that has certain fluidity to him? Or whoever started it before him?
So basically, Crujif, Ten Haag, Pep, Klopp, Naggelsman, Flick, Tuchel, Lucho are all Michels students whose roots and DNA are to him?

No, I credit everyone that implements it well within a certain setup. Ten Hag is his own thing, Klopp, Pep, Xavi if he makes it, Nagelsmann if he makes it big etc. If they want to publicly mention Pep as a huge inspiration for them, fine, this only makes Pep the leading manager of his generation and one of the best of all time (which he no doubt is), but it doesn't mean that they are Pep copies even if they do mention Pep as a mentor for them in their early career.

The ideas can't be that new, everything being done has been done before in some form or other. Football is very old, nearly everything we see has been done already. Barca DNA is a made-up term, I barely ever use it myself. And the idea that possession-based football can't work anymore is dumb as hell. It will forever work. That's like saying opera or rock music doesn't work anymore. They will forever work until music disappears altogether or everyone goes deaf. What can't work? Pressing hard, high line, false 9, quick passing? If you know how to make them work, they will work. If you don't, they won't. These are ever-present in nearly all the best sides in the world almost because they know how to generate the conditions that make all these ideas viable.

Nobody knows any concrete thing about Xavi yet. Projections are mumbo-jumbos. Positive predictions are based on the illustrious career of Xavi as an extremely tactical and cerebral player (mine is anyway), and negative projections are based on some half-baked ideas such as "Barca DNA" being obsolete, as if Barca DNA is some sort of gadget, like old LCD screens being replaced by OLED panels.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Xavi will return to Barcelona with at least 6 members of his current team, many of them with prior experience with FCB and La Masia.

serghei

One thing I want to see under Xavi is more shots from within 16-25m range. Not wild attempts from way out, but man, when you have a clean space for a shot from just outside the box vs a cramped in defense, that is already a situation that is hard to come by, just pull the trigger and work the keeper.

mc_lovin

What? Who is your source? Surprised to hear you say this.

You seriously think he won't join? Laporta's press conference said it all. Al Sadd just tries to play it cool for the next two games, I imagine they won't block the move. But who knows, there can always be spite.

serghei

You seriously think he won't join? Laporta's press conference said it all. Al Sadd just tries to play it cool for the next two games, I imagine they won't block the move. But who knows, there can always be spite.

Don't know, rich Qataris are very proud and arrogant.

Zidane82

One thing I want to see under Xavi is more shots from within 16-25m range. Not wild attempts from way out, but man, when you have a clean space for a shot from just outside the box vs a cramped in defense, that is already a situation that is hard to come by, just pull the trigger and work the keeper.

Coutinho is the only guy who will shoot from distance .. Depay does occasionally but just takes out random fans in the crowd

Bobo32

Xavi spoke passionately about shooting in that vid from the dressing room. He was also shooting a lot as a player himself, seemingly against his own will almost, but he realized it was needed for unpredictability and also for some goals with variance. But I hope the players that take these shots can shoot a bit better than Xavi, who had a pretty weak touch most of the time.

Messigician

Tweet from Qatar royal family.

They can accept our terms and let him manage the key fixtures or they pay the compensation fee"

Stunning!

vegitot

From Laporta's interview, Xavi is one of the candicate but he also has other options. Can it be another twist??

Also Laporta claims that Barca must play beautifully and wins tittles under new coach.

Low expection, no pressure:lol:

vegitot

Btw, if Xavi doesn't improve team much and there are better coaches available (Ten Hag, Gallardo...), should Laporta hire them and sack Xavi?

JohnN

Perhaps it's even better to continue the season with a temp Coach. The season is already lost, might as well see how he will cope. Worse or better than koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans