Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gari

Official Al Sadd statement: "In response to what has been circulating lately, Al Sadd reiterate that Xavi has a two-year contract and he is fully focused on the next matches."

Кубок #76 Al Sadd SC | نادي السد
@AlsaddSC
In response to what’s circulating recently, the #AlSadd management reaffirms that Xavi has a two-year contract with the club and is fully focused on the team’s upcoming matches, to maintain our lead at the top of the league and to defend the title.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Official Al Sadd statement: "In response to what has been circulating lately, Al Sadd reiterate that Xavi has a two-year contract and he is fully focused on the next matches."

Haha
I want to see Laporta face if they refuse to release him and you get stuck with Barjuan for a season

FinBarcelonafan

People seem to have this notion that this sterile sideways slow ass type of possession based football we have played for a while now = what Pep, Cruyff and others like that see/saw as their ideal

Which just isn't true.

Say what you want about Pep, but he would go crazy and probably chuck a shoe at someone SAF to Beckham style if his team played at a snail's pace and couldn't break through anything unless it was down to individual brilliance.

Truth. Compare City and past few years Barca and it's like night and day.

Birdy

I have a question that seems a bit off topic, but what does qualify as a principle? what does qualify as roots of certain way or ideology/DNA in football?
Those terms are used in very flexible ways during argument.
Is Pep way and Crujif way the same principles? Is Lucho a Barca DNA? Naggelsman? Tuchel? Bielsa?

If I may answer this using my professional knowledge,
IN GENERAL (not in football in particular, but it applies to everything that has principles) a principle is a proposition standing at a very high level of abstraction.
The more abstract the proposition, the more close to that being a 'principle'.
The more concrete, and tied to specifics, it is, the further it drifts away from being 'a principle'.

A principle is always foundational: It acts as the base of other -less abstract- principles, derived by it when it becomes concretized.
Which other principles, in turn, can become concretized themselves in less abstract propositions, until you reach a threshold where you don't even talk about principles, as you don't have sufficient abstraction in them.

Some examples from a non-football domain:
"The essence of man is his moral being" -> that's a principle at the highest level of abstraction you can get.
"Honesty is the highest virtue of morality"-> that's a principle at a lesser level of abstraction compared to the above.
"Telling the truth, even when unpleasant, is an act of honesty" -> Likewise, here there is a even less abstraction. This one is questionable if it is principle, it's a borderline case. I would call it a maxim.
"If you have second thoughts on an issue, disclose them"-> that's not even a principle. It does not have the sufficient level of abstraction to be one. IT's a practical rule of conduct.

Some examples in football now:
"Having the ball most of the time is a value in football" -> That's a principle at a very high level of abstraction
"A team should have its players expand the pitch to keep possession" -> Principle at a lower level of abstraction than above
"To expand the pitch in possession, you need the wingers to not drift centrally" -> Likewise, one step below in abstraction
"A team should play 4-3-3 to have wingers stay out wide" -> Even less abstraction here. That's a borderline case, IMO it's more a maxim than a principle.
"The current Barca should play 4-3-3 to keep possession the most" -> That's not a principle at all.
It's a current directive stemming from principles standing at a higher level of abstraction, when applied to a very specific setting.

What I should note, is that stepping down a level of abstraction every time, is neither simple nor straight-forward,
and that's quite crucial...

PS: Lastly, about ideology in football,
I would say it's a collection of principles that form a coherent whole all together.

Gnidrologist

My only concern about him is defense. If he tries to play the gung-ho-kung-fu style he's used to in the arabistan, he'll get a reality check really quick, even against la liga bottom feeders. Not only because of our crappy personnel. Otherwise i believe he will certainly manage to make Barca look more like a team, not just a bunch of clueless individuals, which is what we had with the Cow.
Is he really coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans