Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
yes a few of those passes even went forwards :tease:

Yeah. As I already posted he created 25 goalscoring chances in the tournament, 8 more than any other player. This was before the 3rd place match and the final were played though. But my point still stands, try harder next time.

barca96

Xavi by a mile. They both suck at shooting but I see Xavi take his chances more often. Iniesta is predetermined to pass so even if he does find space/angles to score, it hardly matters at that point because it's not what he's looking for.

When Andres does score it's mostly, as you can see from replays, because he is looking to score - not pass. Check Chelski goal he is winding up before the ball even gets to him. It's like he has a sensor that turns on that says, "Ok, Andres it's time to score a goal!" Turning on that sensor more often might be the trick.

inistazo will only shoot once the target is locked
[/B][/B]

koko

Yeah. As I already posted he created 25 goalscoring chances in the tournament, 8 more than any other player. This was before the 3rd place match and the final were played though. But my point still stands, try harder next time.

lighten up man its just a bit of banter

anyway whats the criteria for those "goal scoring chances" ? a pass to alonso for a shot from just outside the stadium? :D

barca96

touche :D

should of squared it dunno what he was thinking probably saw headlines anyone who backed villa for golden boot must be pissed

i was mad at iniesta too.
its as if they had a plan not to make villa the top goal scorer.
im a huge huge villa fan. still not not forgotten about those 2 incidents.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

I was mad at Iniesta too but I'd back Iniesta there... Villa was in a more narrower angle there, so Iniesta trying to take the shot instead is a nice move, but as is Iniesta too dumb at shooting he took too much time for van Bronckhorst to interfere!!

I hope scoring the winner in final of a WC makes him more confident at attempting shots

koko

yeah me too been one of my favourite players for years been glad to see him get the recognition he deserves over the last couple of years really wanted him to get the golden boot

one of my idiot friends who supports liverpool was actually arguing with me before the world cup that torres would bag more goals than villa didnt have the balls to bet with me though

actually cant wait to see villa playing for barca gonna score a massive huge pile of goals

G.J

V.H. 4 life
If Xavi finds himself in a good position OUTSIDE the box with no option to pass he's more liekly to shoot as oppose to penetrate by dribbling like Iniesta. However when Xavi recieves the ball inside the box he always panics, twist and turn until hes able to pass it. While Andres will try his luck more often than not.

barca96

one of my idiot friends who supports liverpool was actually arguing with me before the world cup that torres would bag more goals than villa didnt have the balls to bet with me though
you shouldve convinced him :lol:

If Xavi finds himself in a good position OUTSIDE the box with no option to pass he's more liekly to shoot as oppose to penetrate by dribbling like Iniesta. However when Xavi recieves the ball inside the box he always panics, twist and turn until hes able to pass it. While Andres will try his luck more often than not.

haha twist and turn.
but ur 100% right. xavi attempts more shots while iniesta will continue dribbling.
but unfortunately, both of them lack power in their shots

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
you shouldve convinced him :lol:

haha twist and turn.
but ur 100% right. xavi attempts more shots while iniesta will continue dribbling.
but unfortunately, both of them lack power in their shots
xavi does not lack power the same way andres does. he likes to control his shots better. he doesn't have power ala gerrard but still ;)

barca96

yup. xavi does have more power and more accurate imo.
iniesta's shots just disappear into the thin air somewhere :lol:

zanela

Xavi by a mile. They both suck at shooting but I see Xavi take his chances more often. Iniesta is predetermined to pass so even if he does find space/angles to score, it hardly matters at that point because it's not what he's looking for.

When Andres does score it's mostly, as you can see from replays, because he is looking to score - not pass. Check Chelski goal he is winding up before the ball even gets to him. It's like he has a sensor that turns on that says, "Ok, Andres it's time to score a goal!" Turning on that sensor more often might be the trick.

Concur

If Xavi finds himself in a good position OUTSIDE the box with no option to pass he's more liekly to shoot as oppose to penetrate by dribbling like Iniesta.

Xavi has better long range shooting and most of his goals 've come from them. While he can dribble in to the box and has done so on a few occasions hes more confident from long distance. But then he'd also like to maintain his position. So I do agree on the first part.

However when Xavi recieves the ball inside the box he always panics, twist and turn until hes able to pass it. While Andres will try his luck more often than not.

Not this. I associate it more with Iniesta. Xavi inside the box will take his chance 9/10 times. Hes more confident in front of goal as opposed to casper who tends to freeze and looks for a pass if his sees an option regardless of whether it being the right choice or not. Not sure if this can be attributed to bad decision making or mere diffidence on his part. For now i can remember Mestalla 08/09 and the WC finals where he showed hesitancy in good positions. Now i dont recall Xavi doing it. any instance you can produce? And if wht you're saying is true, seeing Iniesta finds himself in more goal scoring position than Xavi, then the former should've been more productive than Xavi which is not the case. (Xavi does take setpieces but thats minimal)

#4,7,9 didn't see much twisting and turning looking for an option and he had some. Now if tht was Iniesta for #4 he would 've tried passing to Villa :p

I do however agree on Xavi using more power & accuracy in his shots in open play while Iniesta with more emphasis on technique and placement. Although tht Madrid one was just great technique from the man. :D

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
iniesta's problem when he does decide to shoot is he can never grasp whether or not to go for power or placement. he often gets caught in-between two minds. like I said, it's mental. his mind is all that's stopping him from being a 10-15 goal a season guy. his technique when he does decide to shoot is superb, he just has to focus more on shooting sometimes. too often he looks for a pass, even when squared right up to the keeper (i.e. in mestalla).

xavi can do anything when he feels like it, as that video shows. he just has to wanna do it. easily one of the best midfielders of all-time.

utter genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans