Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1_STK

[MENTION=16794]xavi[/MENTION]torresll
| Despite the request of the owner of Al Sadd, Joan Laporta will not travel with a Bar?a delegation to Qatar to close the Xavi deal. #FCBlive

OGbarca

Banned
if getting xavi means bondage to qatari commercial interests then its not worth it

besides, the club and squad are such a mess that no matter how good (or bad) xavi is it wont end well for whoever is our next coach. pep tookover when our squad was poised to bloom in class and explode in form. there is no such thing today and xavi (or whoever) will almost definitely fail

Windhook

Stoichkov: 4 months ago, Laporta said Xavi is not ready. Now he wakes up and says Xavi is the best choice. Does he want to kick another legend out of club?

Seem right.

I dig Stoichkov, he's very honest and emotional person, but to some extent I disagree. Laporta is not a football man, he has advisors who make the suggestions. Stoichkov himself admitted in that same interview that he was asked at times by the Bartomeu board on whom to appoint in the Valverde & Setien days - he mentioned the likes of Allegri, Conte, Laurent Blanc. And the board did not consider those suggestions, in his words: "They always chose the easy way".

Koeman is still a club legend and will be forever, I know that right now Stoichkov is just bitter about the sacking of his close friend. Xavi's football style in Qatar is impressive and that's why he's hyped, although I'm also on the opinion that he needs to take the Lucho road - Roma or Celta like clubs to get some real feeling of managing in Europe. Otherwise directly taking over Barca we might have to wait a couple of years until things start rolling. I have the patience, but most of the fans don't.

If Barcelona needs a charge and a boost, Stoichkov should be hired. Not for a long time, but the charge will last for a long time.

Stoichkov left managing in 2013. Since then he relocated to Miami and is living a comfortable life as color commentator for DAZN, I think. He was a good motivator, but tactically he lacked the knowledge and insight.

Last edited:

Messigician

Qatar royal family on Twitter

" If they don't want to meet our demands, they can enjoy Thursday night football"

Wtf does this mean

Messigician

President Laporta will not travel to Qatar after today's game as his agenda does not allow it. Yuste and Alemany will have to take care of Xavi's exit from Al Sadd. [tv3]

The fuck?

What's so hard about this deal

FinBarcelonafan

President Laporta will not travel to Qatar after today's game as his agenda does not allow it. Yuste and Alemany will have to take care of Xavi's exit from Al Sadd. [tv3]

The fuck?

Probably ego. They don't like to bend over for anyone. Deal or no deal. Lack of respect in a way?

malvolio

The fuck?

His agenda :lol: What's Laporta's agenda? Fucking hookers and drinking Don perignon?

Barcilliant

Supposedly Xavi wants Olmo and Kounde. Why the fuck would you want Olmo? We need a hard man in midfield not another weak pansie. I'd take Kessie anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans