Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Also will depend on Dembele and Fati being fit.

Say Coman - Fati - Dembele would be good enough to get some great things to happen. Provided we have them fit, which at the moment with Dembele and Fati this seems like wishful thinking.

JamDav1982

Also will depend on Dembele and Fati being fit.

Say Coman - Fati - Dembele would be good enough to get some great things to happen. Provided we have them fit, which at the moment with Dembele and Fati this seems like wishful thinking.

That is by far biggest issue in team and has been this season.. pace in front line.

When it is lacking teams can sit high and pressure the biggest weaknesses in the Barca side.

Saturday is clearest example will ever see when Barca had no outlet and no threat on break when Fati went off.

SmilerBam

On Monday morning, journalists from the Catalan TV channel Esport3 aired Xavi's 10 Commandments, which he plans to adhere to in Barcelona, ​​according to insiders.

1) Professionalism: Players are required to have breakfast and lunch at the base, not at home.

2) Motivation: group activities outside the field are needed to rally the team.

3) Control: actively use new technologies, Xavi needs daily statistics on all players.

4) Strategy: analyze all available data to better prepare for matches.

5) Intensity: Do more challenging, demanding workouts.

6) Form: Players must regularly work not only on the field, but also in the gym.

7) Physics: In addition to training and dieting, players must do individual work to avoid injury.

8) Formation: Bar?a will maintain a 4-3-3 formation with attacking football and high pressure. Sometimes you can use 3-4-3.

9) Tactics: wide flanks to stretch the opponent's defense; wingers, not laterals.

10) Transfers: In addition to finding new players, Xavi wants to take Usman Dembele to the peak.
Not this shit again....

messi2140

6racies Xavi

I've had this on repeat since his announcement. GOAT.

Alot of those clips are from the 14/15 season when he was considered "finished" , yet not a single midfielder we brought comes even close to 14/15 Xavi. Wouldn't mind seeing him subbing himself in.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

I've had this on repeat since his announcement. GOAT.

0:04 nice turn
0:07 nothing special, defender lunges in like a twat, good little flick to finish
0:11 see ya later alligater
0:15 does well there
0:25 nice little flick, dogshite pass OTT
0:31-0:33 lovely turn, dogshite pass again
0:39 turns wrong way to put himself into traffic, dances around defenders, does nothing for the team in the end
0:52 first legit good move & pass of the compilation
0:58 lovely touch, then did nothing
1:05 again, sends defender for a biscuit, plays poor pass into space that would have been offside
1:11 they're playing Poland; doesn't even count
1:19 does well to shield, still plays a weird pass with even teammate next to him wondering wtf he's doing
1:28 lovely balance
1:37 same thing, why not pass earlier rather than take those two extra steps?
1:56 nice nutmeg

assuming rest of the compilation is the same

verdict? 7/10

overrated

Zidane82

The only 2 things heavily running against him: low patience of casual fans, and low funds for transfers. Big hurdles to overcome.

But I do believe that if Xavi works well and the team shows improvement he will be trusted. For that, he will need to provide some immediate impact to start on the right foot.

The Bayern game is the big one. Just avoid a blowout there.

I?d like to see a massive clear out of all the deadwood even if it means promoting a load MORE kidz !!

Devils

Bar?a informed Albert Roca today that he is NO longer the fitness coach of the first team. #FCBlive

Stunning.

KingLeo10

0:04 nice turn
0:07 nothing special, defender lunges in like a twat, good little flick to finish
0:11 see ya later alligater
0:15 does well there
0:25 nice little flick, dogshite pass OTT
0:31-0:33 lovely turn, dogshite pass again
0:39 turns wrong way to put himself into traffic, dances around defenders, does nothing for the team in the end
0:52 first legit good move & pass of the compilation
0:58 lovely touch, then did nothing
1:05 again, sends defender for a biscuit, plays poor pass into space that would have been offside
1:11 they're playing Poland; doesn't even count
1:19 does well to shield, still plays a weird pass with even teammate next to him wondering wtf he's doing
1:28 lovely balance
1:37 same thing, why not pass earlier rather than take those two extra steps?
1:56 nice nutmeg

assuming rest of the compilation is the same

verdict? 7/10

overrated

Not everyone can be a Valverde.

Fede Valverde that is.

Richard.H

His first match just has to be against Espanyol, a match that is always high pressure. I hope he will succeed, but it's a lot to ask from Xavi to expect him to turn around this team midway through the season and with all of these injuries. I would personally consider a Europa league position a success for Xavi.

Zidane82

The only available first team players during Xavi?s first training sessions will be Riqui Puig, Oscar Mingueza, I?aki Pe?a, Luuk de Jong and Umtiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans