Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

I also think he has great ideas.
But I doubt our players.
If he manages to make a team out of them... And not just a bunch of random ballkickers...

Why? He has a solid foundation. Potential great young midfielders. And Eric garcia and Araujo.

Just need to get rid of the old players.

OGbarca

Banned
Why? He has a solid foundation. Potential great young midfielders. And Eric garcia and Araujo.

what foundation :lol: finances are in ruin, our squad is old and injury prone, we cant attract talent, and he doesnt have the political capital to axe all of the amigos (which i wish he did)

JerseyAddict

Potential great player. Key words. Plus we don't have money to sign new players he needs to strengthen the squad. But I wish him to suceed and builds new Barca.

iniestaGOAT

Potential great player. Key words. Plus we don't have money to sign new players he needs to strengthen the squad. But I wish him to suceed and builds new Barca.

Yeah potential waiting to be unlocked by the right manager. The foundation is solid.

Pedri, Gavi, Nico, FDJ, Garcia , Fati, Araujo and Dembele. Solid core right there.

jamrock

I hope he comes in & gives everyone a clean slate & start from that, play the best players not names, if that means even umtiti comes a starter I'm good with that

Barcilliant

I don't have big expectations. With current squad EL is a realistic expectation.
Every new manager especially past legends go through a honeymoon period.
The questions I have are:

How long do you give him to rebuild?
How do we judge him based on the fact that the squad is mediocre and injury prone? We already knew Koeman was an average manager.
What yardstick are we measuring Xavi up against?

There is alot of enthusiasm and bold statements but that can wear thin quickly if results don't follow.

Andresito

Staff member
Lots of fancy words from him. I like them as I'm sure every Barca fan does, but I think they'll be hard to implement in reality. To be fair, I don't think Pep would do much with this current squad either, at least not for 2-3 years.

He'll have the respect of the squad, that's for sure. But there's a risk he goes in too hard and loses the dressing room, like Henry did at Monaco.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lots of fancy words from him. I like them as I'm sure every Barca fan does, but I think they'll be hard to implement in reality. To be fair, I don't think Pep would do much with this current squad either, at least not for 2-3 years.

He'll have the respect of the squad, that's for sure. But there's a risk he goes in too hard and loses the dressing room, like Henry did at Monaco.

Titi has never successfully coached any team much less put a squad into order. Pep & Xavi both have, based on actual evidence rather than bias/ignorance there is nothing to suggest any other result than a motivated & disciplined squad

iniestaGOAT

Pep woulnt have to do much, winning is not the objective. Top 4 is. Pep would get that.

Xavi might. Lets hope he does.

BBZ8800

In less than 24 Months we have fallen from: sack EV even though he is on top of the table, because he is not playing eyepleasing.

To: winning is not the objective, top4 is.

Interesting

JamDav1982

In less than 24 Months we have fallen from: sack EV even though he is on top of the table, because he is not playing eyepleasing.

To: winning is not the objective, top4 is.

Interesting

Not interesting at all.

It is taking into account the current squads/injuries and where Xavi takes over from.

Not even remotely comparable to Valverde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans