Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Thanks.
Other guys didn't get my point/question.

It is not about EV at all, but about Barca DNA and principles.

One thing which is baffling to me is that, imo, among Barca fans who started to follow Barca under Pep, their principles are different.

Among those fans, the obssession with beautiful play is way stronger.
Obssession with La Masia is way stronger.
Cult following of Pep is way stronger.
There is way higher optimism about Xavi.

On the other hand, for older fans, lets say me, Khaled, Joan, even you Vegitot and similar:
There is less obssession about pure Pep's style.
Those guys are less desperate on La Masia.
Those guys are more open to new styles, away from Barca DNA.
Those guys don't mind results with ugly play (EV).

I would say that among guys who started to follow Barca around 2008 or later, there are imo 80% of Barca-Dna hardcore fans.
While among fans who followed Barca in 80s, 90s or 00s, it is more like 50:50.
Some guys don't care about Barca DNA (like me), and some are hardcore Cruijffistas.

Our club/fanbase is extremely weird in that sense

Imo, that will be the reason which will ruin us in the future, but let's see.

Not that I entirely agree with the above,
but you are right that some younger people here have absolutized one aspect of Barca's identity: Cruyffism
and to be more specific, not Cruyffism in general, but the specific historical version of Cruyffism that Pep played between 08 and 12

In a related podcast discussion on Xavi's appointment I was listening to here (Euro Leagues on BBC, which I suggest all of you to listen to)

Guillem Ballague remarks at some point that there is a certain portion of the club fanbase with a fanatic, and one-sided, impression of what the essence of the club is, which led to the (mistaken in his opinion) conclusion that at this moment there is only one possible coach for Barca.
On the contrary, he believes this is a misconstruction, and the real historical essence of the club was always about being a 'source of knowledge from different places', and receiving 'a bunch of influences'

highlight quote: "If Cryuff was still alive, he would be deemed 'not dedicated to Cryuffism enough' to be the coach"

Zidane82

Xavi has banned the use of social media for the players on match days and the day before matches. The use of phones in the Ciutat Esportiva, the dressing room, and the bus are completely banned.

? [MENTION=4661]Dario[/MENTION]MonteroG via @elchiringuitotv

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi has banned the use of social media for the players on match days and the day before matches. The use of phones in the Ciutat Esportiva, the dressing room, and the bus are completely banned.

He ain't fucking around. Love it.

Basically: if you don't focus on football leave..

F1_STK

Xavi has canceled the scheduled interview Piqu? planned to do with Spanish TV show ‘El Hormiguero’ next week in Madrid. [cope]

Xavi forbid Gerard Piqu? from attending the Davis Cup presentation next Tuesday.

@elchiringuitotv

serghei

Not that I entirely agree with the above,
but you are right that some younger people here have absolutized one aspect of Barca's identity: Cruyffism
and to be more specific, not Cruyffism in general, but the specific historical version of Cruyffism that Pep played between 08 and 12

In a related podcast discussion on Xavi's appointment I was listening to here (Euro Leagues on BBC, which I suggest all of you to listen to)

Guillem Ballague remarks at some point that there is a certain portion of the club fanbase with a fanatic, and one-sided, impression of what the essence of the club is, which led to the (mistaken in his opinion) conclusion that at this moment there is only one possible coach for Barca.
On the contrary, he believes this is a misconstruction, and the real historical essence of the club was always about being a 'source of knowledge from different places', and receiving 'a bunch of influences'

highlight quote: "If Cryuff was still alive, he would be deemed 'not dedicated to Cryuffism enough' to be the coach"

Yep. Most younger Barca fans have a lot of respect about the football the best current managers in the world also say they were inspired by.

The better question is why aren't the other ones. What's not to like about discipline, great and quick passing, having the ball, creating many chances, pressing the other teams and not letting them attack you? Yea, realy bad stuff :lol:.

Oh, and EV provided half very good results, and half crap ones. You can't pretend CL trashings don't exist.

If EV provided great results he would've been greatly supported, but he didn't. He was good in the league and a joke in Europe. With a much better squad.

EV was a mixed bag. Some good, some bad, this applies to every aspect of his tenure including results. That's why he is not in demand as manager for the bigger clubs.

Last edited:

Messigician

Yep. Most younger Barca fans have a lot of respect about the football the best current managers in the world also say they were inspired by.

The better question is why aren't the other ones. What's not to like about discipline, great and quick passing, having the ball, creating many chances, pressing the other teams and not letting them attack you? Yea, realy bad stuff :lol:.

Oh, and EV provided half very good results, and half crap ones. You can't pretend CL trashings don't exist.

If EV provided great results he would've been greatly supported, but he didn't. He was good in the league and a joke in Europe. With a much better squad.

EV was a mixed bag. Some good, some bad, this applies to every aspect of his tenure including results. That's why he is not in demand as manager for the bigger clubs.

What are you on about

He has the best champions league win rate in history lmfao

utility73

Xavi has canceled the scheduled interview Piqu? planned to do with Spanish TV show ‘El Hormiguero’ next week in Madrid. [cope]

Xavi forbid Gerard Piqu? from attending the Davis Cup presentation next Tuesday.

@elchiringuitotv

Sounds very promising how he seems to be dealing with that clown.

gregorrin10

Xavi has canceled the scheduled interview Piqu? planned to do with Spanish TV show ?El Hormiguero? next week in Madrid. [cope]

?
@elchiringuitotv

You go, Xavi, full steam ahead! :rockon: Pique is gonna retire after this season. :lol: The guy treats playing for Barca like a hobby for the past few years. He'll probably be left behind, not just physically, but he'll also be annoyed that he can't conduct any of his business mid-season. Then come end of the season he'll be all gracious about it, saying he's retiring to give a chance to younger defenders, the new generation Barca, even though he said he'll be the first to go among the seniors after the Bayern loss already. But no, we had to lose the GOAT before the others remembered their time is up and that it's time to go. I will never forgive Pique and the other seniors for this.

Wambo

Seriously, how will all the zoomer players with ADHD and phone addiction even survive this?

What's next, taking away Dembele's PS5?

ajnotkeith

Usually when manager tries to implement these rules with a bunch of massive egos it doesn't work. If these rules will genuinely be followed many of our should be starters will be bench or sent to the stands. So this will he a rebuilding period where youth is integrated and the cows are out of the club, which doesn't really fit with the aim of winning the CL and Laliga.

Think media might be overplaying Xavi's rules a bit.

serghei

Usually when manager tries to implement these rules with a bunch of massive egos it doesn't work. If these rules will genuinely be followed many of our should be starters will be bench or sent to the stands. So this will he a rebuilding period where youth is integrated and the cows are out of the club, which doesn't really fit with the aim of winning the CL and Laliga.

Don't think so. You have to be ruthless about these things.

mc_lovin

There aren't too many egos in our squad. I don't think anyone will oppose Xavi (whether the rules are true or not) apart from - maybe - Pique. Frenkie, Busquets, Alba and co don't strike me as problematic personalities. Busquets probably even welcomes it ;D

malvolio

anything to get clicks. sounds good to gullible fans that want to see blood.

not to mention most of these so called rules that xavi supposedly tries to implement are stupid.

why should they forbid pique from attending an interview or an event? all our players have done interviews with magazines or media outlets and have their business ventures or promotional stuff on the side.

i'm all for discipline and all that, but it sounds like bullshit. don't think xavi is that deluded to come up with stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans