Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

It was a funeral atmosphere during Koeman since Messi left, his fate was already sealed at this point. Whoever is to blame... what's done is done.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's long-term investment. There was no progress in Koemans team play. Mostly downhill.

There is no long-term investment if we play EL and don't finish in the top 4, which looks like the most likely scenario... So, Koeman had to be sacked, but Xavi doesn't look like the guy to get us out of the hole...

FinBarcelonafan

There is no long-term investment if we play EL and don't finish in the top 4, which looks like the most likely scenario... So, Koeman had to be sacked, but Xavi doesn't look like the guy to get us out of the hole...

He barely had couple weeks with the team. Patience. It's gojng to be painful, but hopefully long-term it works out.

JamDav1982

Can definitely criticise Xavi for these games.

Failing to score from open play v three average sides that others are hammering goals past is not good enough.

For now it looks as if Xavi has a set idea of football and players not been able to adapt.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Xavi need to do whatever it takes to win for now and make these sweeping changes in the summer.

I'm already settling in on the thought that we won't play in the CL next season though, and could very well end up not playing the EL either. Won't exactly make it easy to attract players as well.

BBZ8800

It's long-term investment. There was no progress in Koemans team play. Mostly downhill.

Xavi will be as longterm investment as Arthur.

I hate to talk bad about him because he was my favorite player, but he screams of being a total flop/meh.

We joked in the first half: Setien>Xavi, but soon it won't be a joke.
Setien at least had a real life La Liga experience and 100s of matches under his belt.

All Xavi has is a nostalgia because he was a part of our the most successful era.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi will be as longterm investment as Arthur.

I hate to talk bad about him because he was my favorite player, but he screams of being a total flop/meh.

We joked in the first half: Setien>Xavi, but soon it won't be a joke.
Setien at least had a real life La Liga experience and 100s of matches under his belt.

All Xavi has is a nostalgia because he was a part of our the most successful era.

Is this your bet against Xavi? Haha

Too soon man. He doesn't have the squad or time to change things. There's a lot of things wrong with this club, so fixing things will take time.

If I don't see any improvement by end of the season I will worry too.

BBZ8800

Is this your bet against Xavi? Haha

Too soon man. He doesn't have the squad or time to change things. There's a lot of things wrong with this club, so fixing things will take time.

If I don't see any improvement by end of the season I will worry too.

1. He didn't look like a winning coach due to his quiet and humble personality in the first place

2. Imo, his footballing ideas are a part of the past

3. He has zero European experience

4. Our squad is a comedy and we are broke

I am not saying that we should sack him because no one can do anything with these players.
But then, why did we sack EV, Setien and Koeman?

Because we want the better days to come.
But you know my opinion about the better days...

mc_lovin

It's weird. Just looking at the starting 11 and you knew what kind of match to expect, but somehow people are shocked :S Or more precisely spit out their opinions they already had before Xavi even started coaching us :lol:

And yes, the squad has always been a valid excuse for Koeman as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
1. He didn't look like a winning coach due to his quiet and humble personality in the first place

I am not saying that we should sack him because no one can do anything with these players.

I was opposed to Xavi coming over due to (3), but now I am really concerned with (2). It seems his head is still a decade ago when Pep was here. He needs to learn and adapt. This is 2021.

FinBarcelonafan

Is he humble? He seems pretty ambitious to me and pretty active on the sideline. Not quiet. Other points are valid.

FinBarcelonafan

It's weird. Just looking at the starting 11 and you knew what kind of match to expect, but somehow people are shocked :S Or more precisely spit out their opinions they already had before Xavi even started coaching us :lol:

And yes, the squad has always been a valid excuse for Koeman as well.

True. You knew it was gojng to be painful without DwJong and Dembele. Then Gavi went out too. We just don't have the bench to bench our starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans