Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

I was opposed to Xavi coming over due to (3), but now I am really concerned with (2). It seems his head is still a decade ago when Pep was here. He needs to learn and adapt. This is 2021.

I think that's a given.
Reality will hit him hard during his Barca tenure. He might grow after that.

But 2 means we will never become an elite team in Europe.
I don't see how this prevents us from dominating against the minors in Spain.
We should be able to comfortably be able to dominate against all teams in LaLiga below 7th place, and be competitive against the ones from 3rd-7th.

If Xavi manages that in 1.5-2 yrs time, and develops all the u-21 we have, I would be OK with his tenure, and from there a proper WC coach can take over.

Now if some thought that Xavi with his ideas will turn us into a side able to compete with City Bayern and Liverpool, well...

Windhook

Xavi will be as longterm investment as Arthur.

I hate to talk bad about him because he was my favorite player, but he screams of being a total flop/meh.

We joked in the first half: Setien>Xavi, but soon it won't be a joke.
Setien at least had a real life La Liga experience and 100s of matches under his belt.

All Xavi has is a nostalgia because he was a part of our the most successful era.

IMO FC Barcelona have a long-term confidence invested in Xavi. Things don't change overnight. Xavi is a club legend and the community in Catalonia, I firmly believe, is supportive of him. Everyone is aware of the fact the club is marred by the financial crisis and the inferior squad. We need to be patient.

As for Koeman - he had to deal with demotivated Messi, mid-January switched to a conservative 3-5-2 tactic that gave away more possesion to out opponents, worked fine at the start, but at the end of the season it backfired, few games before the end of La Liga we had the chance to go on top and we didn't.

serghei

Honestly, I don't even understand why [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] watches the games anymore. He obviously thinks we'll sink like Titanic. He's basically repeating the same gloomy, fatalistic stuff every time we draw or lose.

It's the case with others too. If this place will be a place of constant moaning and bitching and trolling instead of being positive and watching these kids improve what's the point? It just sounds like a bad place to be around on.

Give it some time. This is the first season post-Messi era, and it's a slow rebuild with no money.

BBZ8800

People trying to draw long-term conclusions at this point are rather stupid. Sorry to say that.

But you are taking the role of being the most optimistic fan on this forum lately.

In the last few years it was that Gregorrin10 dude.
But you are catching him extremely fast.

It is stupid to give premature conclusions.
But you don't need to watch Dembele for 100 matches to see that he is dumb or to give 4 years of playtime to Riki Puig to understand that he is a crap.

Regarding Xavi, in his personality I don't see those magical ingredients like in Pep, Mou, Klopp, Tuchel, Zidane etc.

I can't shake off a feeling that Xavi will be towards Pep what Arthur was towards Xavi as a player.
There are some similarities, those two learned from the other two, but except some basics, everything else will lack.

Genius players are rarely good coaches.

Windhook

Honestly, I don't even understand why @BBZ8800 watches the games anymore. He obviously thinks we'll sink like Titanic. He's basically repeating the same gloomy, fatalistic stuff every time we draw or lose.

It's the case with others too. If this place will be a place of constant moaning and bitching and trolling instead of being positive and watching these kids improve what's the point? It just sounds like a bad place to be around on.

Give it some time. This is the first season post-Messi era, and it's a slow rebuild with no money.

The forum basically has turned into who has more "I told you so" award show.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well. Not looking too good for the (very few admittedly) people saying Messi was dragging us down :messi:

KingLeo10

Well. Not looking too good for the (very few admittedly) people saying Messi was dragging us down :messi:

Has gone under the radar but the moment even this declining, old version of Messi leaves, we straight up plummet to mid-table LL and don't make CL KOs.

He was THE problem all along :mou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans