Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My post was mostly aimed at how serghei was saying this team can play better if we had a manager like Xavi etc..

Now it's suddenly let's just enjoy the youngsters and not have too much expectations this season. Not a fan of Koeman or Xavi but this is just funny that's all.

I do believe we possibly can, but too early to tell. Koeman got a year and 2-3 months. Xavi's not even been here for a month.

Honestly I don't think people should expect much in general because the talent level in attack is shocking and we've had so many injuries, but if we still play like a diet version of Koeman in a month then some questions need to be asked.

I'd still wait a few more months personally though to see if Xavi can be a success or not.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I agree we were obviously going nowhere with Koeman my issue was the money we had to spend to fire him and bring in Xavi only for us to end up in the same situation ranking wise with a chance of maybe playing better football. Managerial change should have happened last summer or next summer. Just wasted like 20 million for nothing and we are already really broke.

This team desperately needs an elite coach and sporting director , none of this stuff of bringing someone form Qatar and a director who was chilling in Isreal and Cyprus the last 10 years.

Last edited:

serghei

My post was mostly aimed at how serghei was saying this team can play better if we had a manager like Xavi etc..

Now it's suddenly let's just enjoy the youngsters and not have too much expectations this season. Not a fan of Koeman or Xavi but this is just funny that's all.

I think I'm gonna wait for Xavi to get a normal season, not to clean somebody else's mess (among other factors). Then we can talk.

Koeman achieved 10th place with these players. Scored 1 away goal before he was sacked.

I really think Xavi will do better. He does so far, albeit by little. We've gone up in the league table. So if you still want to play the Koeman vs Xavi game, 10th place is not hard to better. Or 9, or what it was.

KingLeo10

I think I'm gonna wait for Xavi to get a normal season, not to clean somebody else's mess (among other factors). Then we can talk.

Koeman achieved 10th place with these players. Scored 1 away goal before he was sacked.

I really think Xavi will do better. He does so far. We've gone up in the league table. So if you still want to play the Koeman vs Xavi game, 10th place is not hard to better. Or 9, or what it was.

Xavi is at the level of this season's Koeman and possibly better. But last season's Koeman comfortably better than Xavi, so far.

In the end, I don't think he has the X-factor I was looking for. He'll be EV/Koeman tier IMO.

DonAK

I agree we were obviously going nowhere with Koeman my issue was the money we had to spend to fire him and bring in Xavi only for us up in the same situation ranking wise with a chance of maybe playing better football. Managerial change should have happened last summer or next summer. Just wasted like 20 million for nothing and we are already really broke.

Firing both Koeman and Valverde mid-season were very poor decisions as both should have happened in the summer, but this club might only learn the hard way by hitting rock bottom like it's doing right now.

Hopefully they learn now. Not putting my money on it.

KingLeo10

Last season was a different team. You're comparing a apples vs oranges.

Okay, fair. But you were saying this same set of players this season could perform much better under a different manager (in this case Xavi). Early days to evaluate this but from the 4-5 games so far, not looking good at all.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

I really think Xavi will do better. He does so far, albeit by little. We've gone up in the league table. So if you still want to play the Koeman vs Xavi game, 10th place is not hard to better. Or 9, or what it was.

Mate the only thing that's been different so far is the luck we have had with the opponents missing chances and us scraping by a couple of wins , now you tell me if that's worth the money we spent considering our financial situation.

serghei

Okay, fair. But you were saying this same set of players this season could perform much better under a different manager (in this case Xavi). Early days to evaluate this but from the 4-5 games so far, not looking good at all.

Xavi could very well be not the manager some hope he will be. But this still leaves you with a Koeman who was a grade 1 moaner, carried the team to 10th place, didn't manage to beat any top team in about 1.5 years and so on.

Koeman getting sacked was the right decision. Whether Xavi will be a good one or not, we will find out after next season.

Windhook

Just seeing the atmosphere at the club being better makes me more optimistic about the future. Xavi continues Koeman's work with introducing young players in the squad and there is nothing wrong with that. Expectations of the next Messi level talent breaking through the ranks is not realistic, though. I'm loaded with patience, more than I was when Koeman was appointed among the 2-8 crisis last year.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi is at the level of this season's Koeman and possibly better. But last season's Koeman comfortably better than Xavi, so far.

In the end, I don't think he has the X-factor I was looking for. He'll be EV/Koeman tier IMO.

We played really good in second half of last season but difficult to compare koe with xavi as koe had Messi.

serghei

Mate the only thing that's been different so far is the luck we have had with the opponents missing chances and us scraping by a couple of wins , now you tell me if that's worth the money we spent considering our financial situation.

I think it's early to say. If we don't get top 4, sacking him would prove to be a hasty decision.

DonAK

We should not sack Xavi if we don't make top four unless someone like Pep or Klopp want to take over.

With the start we had it was already a mountain to climb.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I know it is still way too early and we need to give Xavi more time. And I am actually OK with us conceding goals or even losing, our players are a mixed bag of young and inexperienced prospects and some ineffective oldies, and our defense is what it is or what it has been for a long time. I was hoping Xavi coming here would make us play better, the first couple of games I think I felt something, now, especially today I don't see anything at all. We played poorly just like before. I know changes don't happen overnight, but can you guys honestly pinpoint any changes the team has shown, since Xavi's arrival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans