Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Xavi: "I am surprised that many tactical aspects have been lost in the last 6 years. The position game, the third man? I don't understand or know what happened. That's why it's costing us more."

Basically backhanding valverde and those who came after him.
This has come as a total surprise... Who would of thought the great valverde could do any wrong.
Disciples assemble.

JamDav1982

Disagree with that. To a certain degree, sure, but the general idea needs to be there. Playing high pressing should be non-negotiable. Rest is getting the players on par (or getting new ones) and meticulous work on the details, which Xavi seems to do going by his interviews.

Disagree that is relevant to what I said.

JamDav1982

Nah all he is saying it has changed in the six years since he left not that is started to go wrong the moment he stepped out the door.

Statement would mean the same if all went wrong in past couple years.

Gari

Xavi burns everyone today: "The style was lost completely. Some players don’t understand automatisms that I did when I was 11 years old. Everything is more difficult when no one ever worked on that with them."

JamDav1982

The world of football is 99.9% full of players who were not at Barca from 11 years old.

Adapt and dont try to fill team with inferior players that have 'Barca DNA'.

None of the top coaches - Pep included - chase Barca patterns of 30 years being in players to be a success.

Gari

But 99.9% of players understand that you can't run in a bunch, you have to keep your positions and fulfill the role that your coach has assigned you. But 2 goals come from nothing.

mc_lovin

The world of football is 99.9% full of players who were not at Barca from 11 years old.

Adapt and dont try to fill team with inferior players that have 'Barca DNA'.

None of the top coaches - Pep included - chase Barca patterns of 30 years being in players to be a success.

Xavi absolutely needs to drill the basics into the team. 'Adapting' - whatever that means - won't help.

JamDav1982

Xavi absolutely needs to drill the basics into the team. 'Adapting' - whatever that means - won't help.

Nah totally disagree.

No top coach arrives at a club in a shambles with players unable to play the way he wants and just tries to 'drill' in his ideas regardless.

They adapt their tactics to players have.

Birdy

Offensively the team was very good tonight.
Broke the well parked bus of Elche time and time again...
Abde and Dembouz with the width they gave, were the key for this to happen. Anyone not seeing now why we need width on BOTH flanks?

But defensively...
This was a horror show, and the usual suspects like the mental dwarfs of Alba, Lenglet, MATS popped up to mess up the night.
Xavi has a lot of work there

Birdy

'Adapting' refers to the top level in Europe that plays with intensity on the top of tactical nuance.

Elche does not belong to that level, and all the Elches of LaLiga as well.

The 'old stuff' of Xavi can very well beat the Elches of LaLiga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans