Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

If you take Klopp and Peps teams as close to their ideals right now then to think they would arrive at Barca now and try to play that way is moronic.

Particularly when the results are the most important thing currently not implementing a style that will come to fruition in years to come.

Klopp wouldnt be asking anyone to play the way Mane/Salah/Firmino do as cant. He cant ask the midfield to play in way Thiago/Henderson/Fabinho do as they cant. He cant ask full backs to play like TAA and Robertson as they cant. He cant ask any CB to play like VVD as they cant.

Likes of Klopp would come in and look at squad and adapt his ideals to the players he has even if 'adapting' seems to be a hard word to grasp.

'Today Alba and Dest we are going to do the TAA/Robbo drills to make you just like them'.

mc_lovin

Nah totally disagree.

No top coach arrives at a club in a shambles with players unable to play the way he wants and just tries to 'drill' in his ideas regardless.

They adapt their tactics to players have.

Again, what does adapting mean? Players aren't an option, because we have no alternatives. Tactics? Playing deeper to cover for Lenglet and co? That usually didn't turn out well.

I don't think Pep or Klopp would compromise.

Edit: Bit too late, but point stands. With our current set of players we will suffer irregardless of how we set up. Details are the key and that takes time.

Last edited:

Porque

This is exactly what was said about Pirlo tbh, didn’t end well

Xavi is digging into the quarry, rightly or wrongly, to build the team the way he wants them to play.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Pirlo stuck with the senior team comparatively.

Xavi may be lucky that he has a great generation of midfield talent at his disposal, and Pedri isn't even factored yet. But his defensive system is going to need alot of work.

Rory

Our more “experienced” players should be able to see a game out when 2-0 up and keeping the ball well. Unfortunately our experienced players are Busquets, Alba, Piqu? and Mats. Could throw in Lenglet and Frenkie tbf in terms of experience. Not really guys you can rely on to get it done. Would love to see a few more experienced heads in the squad. Experienced in the right ways though, not the crap we have.

Gnidrologist

Xavi burns everyone today: "The style was lost completely. Some players don?t understand automatisms that I did when I was 11 years old. Everything is more difficult when no one ever worked on that with them."
iu
:lol:

George_Costanza

Again, what does adapting mean? Players aren't an option, because we have no alternatives. Tactics? Playing deeper to cover for Lenglet and co? That usually didn't turn out well.

I don't think Pep or Klopp would compromise.

Edit: Bit too late, but point stands. With our current set of players we will suffer irregardless of how we set up. Details are the key and that takes time.

Remember, most of our players are youngsters. They are the ones who should learn from the coach and adapt to his methods/tactics, not the other way around. Good to see JamSnitch hating on Xavi, totally expecting this. I would worry if he starts supporting Xavi.

JamDav1982

Remember, most of our players are youngsters. They are the ones who should learn from the coach and adapt to his methods/tactics, not the other way around. Good to see JamSnitch hating on Xavi, totally expecting this. I would worry if he starts supporting Xavi.

Lies Georgie.

How is 'Puiq will be world class and a Xavi favourite' going? :lol:

Xavis teams not been good to date but no final opinion as he doesnt have great options available and came in half way through season. Will see how he does when has time and players to make his ideas work. He should have been made coach in summer.

You are the one who invested in Xavis love for Puig and fawn over pictures of him cuddling Riqui as a child.

Only one of us been wrong on Xavi so far and it aint me Georgie Cuddles.

Barcilliant

Xavi is digging into the quarry, rightly or wrongly, to build the team the way he wants them to play.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Pirlo stuck with the senior team comparatively.

Xavi may be lucky that he has a great generation of midfield talent at his disposal, and Pedri isn't even factored yet. But his defensive system is going to need alot of work.

😂 What defensive system? Are you serious?

Horatio

You're welcome
Not sure why people are whining. Solid game minus 2 minutes of stupidity

Solid first half, woeful second imo. Usual Barca stuff. Overall was ok. The problem is that this is Elche. This is the first time ever Elche managed to score against Barca. They are not a strong side.

serghei

lol getting desperate. First it was doesn't moan now it is doesn't moan as much. In weeks time "moans as much but voice is more pleasant to listen to"

Hate to disappoint you, but I have no allegiance with anyone. So far, the only one who convinced me they are guaranteed success, aka the full package of professionalism and nous is Guardiola (for Barca model, positional possession football). And Klopp (if we want to step slightly outside of that). Since these two won't be managing us anytime soon, put another coin in the jukebox and try again.

Xavi is a bet, succeed or fail, it won't change this fact. A good bet, but a bet nonetheless. With a decent success chance, and a bigger fail rate (after all, only a small amount of unproven managers make it big). I welcome anyone who has a better plan for us at this point to come forward, something more realistic that bring Klopp and sign Haaland and Mbappe lol. :lol:

Xavi took over the team from Koeman (via Sergi) from 9-10th place to be precise. We're near 4th btw, with Xavi being disappointing. So even a mediocre Xavi is still outperforming Koeman this season (after all this is first season of post-Messi cheap mode Barca).

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Hate to disappoint you, but i have no allegiance with anyone. So far, the only one who convinced me they are guaranteed success, aka the full package of professionalism and nous is Guardiola (for Barca mode, positional possession football). And Klopp (if we want to step slightly outside of that). Since these two won't be managing us anytime soon, put another coin in the jukebox and try again.

Xavi is a bet, succeed or fail it won't change this fact. A good bet, but a bet nonetheless.

You're missing the point.

serghei

You're missing the point.

Feel free to make it clearer. Not getting desperate at all. Always said it will be a medium-long rebuild since we wasted a lot of time. The signs were clear we needed a rebuild since circa 2016 btw. We wasted nearly 6 years since then pretending it's all fake and everything is fine, we just happened the get hammered every year in CL by 3-4 goal margin.

Since 2017 every team worth it's salt beat us in the key game by 3 goal margin or more. 3-0, 4-0, 8-2, 4-1. What more signs do you need? This year is the first we won't be hammered in CL because we didn't make it past groups.

It's all steady, predictable decline.

Step 1. Getting hammered by a hard working team. 2016 Atletico.

Step 2. Getting beat by pushovers Roma. 3-0, under EV.

Step 3. Getting beat by injury ridden Liverpool. 4-0.

Step 4. Getting beat by Bayern, pulverized.

Step 5. Not making it past group stages.

This is all very predictable. Failing to be active until the worst case scenario happens. This is the difference between Madrid and Barca. Why Madrid have 13 CLs and Barca only 5. Madrid take 2 years of crap loser attitude happening. Barca take 6+, and they still, after all this time, try to undersell the damage and pretend things are better than they seem.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Futile to compare Koeman and Xavi too much this season.

Koeman was a lame duck from beginning when board made it clear did not want him, had to deal with Messi being freed and hangover that brought etc.

Xavi always stood a better chance this season which is why if board had actually wanted him at the time should have been brought in the summer....but they didnt and only turned to him when clear could not hide behind Koeman for season.

Unfair on both of them really and worst case scenario could have been left with.

Messigician

Xavi: "The style was lost completely. Some players don?t understand automatisms that I did when I was 11 years old. Everything is more difficult when no one ever worked on that with them."

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans