Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

Alemany: "Ferran Torres can't be registered now - but we hope to solve that situation when he is available. Demir sale could help, we're on it. Let's see what happens with Luuk de Jong. Morata deal? Xavi asked for Ferran Torres, he had the present he wanted".

Some much needed and welcome clarity from Alemany. No Morata.

Don't see it the same way. It probably actually means they are negotiating for Morata but Alemany is smart enough (in opposite to that Pep Segura guy when we were negotiating with Dortmund for Dembele) not to say that publicly.

Andresito

Staff member
Team is doing the recovery session at Camp Nou today. Just noticed our next home game is in 16 days. We have 4 games until then: CdR against Linares, Liga vs Granada and Supercopa vs Madrid in Saudi Arabia + final or 3rd place match.

FinBarcelonafan

Why is supercopa played in Saudi Arabia?? How much Saudis are paying for this? Insane.. you would think games like this would make good "coin" even in Spain?!

Andresito

Staff member
Why is supercopa played in Saudi Arabia?? How much Saudis are paying for this? Insane.. you would think games like this would make good "coin" even in Spain?!

The Sheikhs want to watch football. Instead of travelling to Spain they bring the teams to their backyard.

Devils

All things considered, I think he is doing well and I’m a believer in project Xavi.

This also shined light into just how awful of a manager Koeman is.

khaled_a_d

One thing I appreciate about his work is that he is pushing midfielders forward. Allowing him to be in scoring positions more and more rather than being waiting for the ball and just moving it around.
It opens lots of opportunities there tbh.

Also, I like that he is realistic about our defensive situation after that Betis disaster defense.

serghei

One thing I appreciate about his work is that he is pushing midfielders forward. Allowing him to be in scoring positions more and more rather than being waiting for the ball and just moving it around.
It opens lots of opportunities there tbh.

Also, I like that he is realistic about our defensive situation after that Betis disaster defense.

I think he overdoes it at times though and loses the midfield structure...

The worrying part is that he kind of plays conservative on leads. Not like a possession manager would approach a 1-0 lead, trying to conserve the result by defending deeper is it?

But then he might be more pragmatic because of the chaos and injury problems he found at the club.

So far he's a mix of the managers he worked with, certainly far from a Guardiola copy as feared by some.

serghei

But I feel for a long time that we have someone who understands the pressure he is in and is not afraid of it, or tries to divert it by playing a pretend game. I mostly like his mentality and his passion. We will find out more about his style when his choices won't be as few as they are currently.

serghei

All things considered, I think he is doing well and I’m a believer in project Xavi.

This also shined light into just how awful of a manager Koeman is.

Don't think tactically it's THAT huge of a difference. Koeman lost it by moaning too much and by having the wrong mindset. He's a conflictual person, who comes off as bitter, whereas Xavi just is positive and optimistic and this is going to be carried over to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans