Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Cant really compare too much Xavi to Koeman this season.

Koeman was undermined by board which is death sentence for a coach as players know where power dynamic lies. Then had to deal with hang over of Messi leaving last minute.

All should have been done in the summer.

Same as last season.. team have tough summer... start off poorly. eventually get run together which is enough to propel up La Liga as very few teams can sustain a good run of form.

Xavi has brought direction back that has full backing of club.

Team look calmer and more composed every game. Despite fact in all games have bad dips but that is not on Xavi that is make up of the squad.. old/young and very few in their prime.

Torres will be great signing I would guess.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

What worries me are these sometimes subtle but noticable signs that we're hanging on to the old culture.

Yesterday, after going 1-2 up we had a really good chance with Nico and Dembele, sort of a 2v2 if I recall correctly, perfect chance to close the game. Of course we execute half-heartedly.

The problem is, I don't even feel like it's because we were physically tired. I feel like it's because up until 1-2 up, we had been sustained by the sheer anxiety of not losing the game and now that it seemed we had won, our main drive had been turned off and we had sort of forgotten why we were playing.

Even if we had the quality to beat a team 5-0, I don't think we would in this state. Every single time, we would go up 2-0, grab ourselves a bit of well-deserved rest, fall into a nice comfortable rythm, either ride it home or concede and have a nervous last 30 minutes.

We used to have this ability to transcend the match. To sort of forget the opponent and just play our game no matter the score.

Bobo32

What worries me are these sometimes subtle but noticable signs that we're hanging on to the old culture.

Yesterday, after going 1-2 up we had a really good chance with Nico and Dembele, sort of a 2v2 if I recall correctly, perfect chance to close the game. Of course we execute half-heartedly.

The problem is, I don't even feel like it's because we were physically tired. I feel like it's because up until 1-2 up, we had been sustained by the sheer anxiety of not losing the game and now that it seemed we had won, our main drive had been turned off and we had sort of forgotten why we were playing.

Even if we had the quality to beat a team 5-0, I don't think we would in this state. Every single time, we would go up 2-0, grab ourselves a bit of well-deserved rest, fall into a nice comfortable rythm, either ride it home or concede and have a nervous last 30 minutes.

We used to have this ability to transcend the match. To sort of forget the opponent and just play our game no matter the score.

I agree completely, there are psychological boundaries that needs to be breached. I think it can take time but that Xavi should be the best possible person to help the players reach a better mental state. So far, it goes slower than I expected, but I still see some progress.

CatalinR10

?????

Why did he sub out Luk since Depay is useless as a striker ?

He should have kept Luk on the field and put Depay behind him.

Bad sub.

serghei

Don't like how he is doing. He's supposed to be for possession football, yet tries to conserve leads by defending and playing on the counter. He does this with even slim leads like a 1-0 and 2-1. It's just asking for trouble.

Fucked up the subs big time too. Plays too many old bums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans