Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Inspite of being a Messi fanboy and loving his stats, I actually miss those times - both Barca and Messi were more enjoyable to watch. But teams played them more openly too, so I guess it's not only Barca or Messi that has changed.

DavidVillano1

Assists are by far the worst statistic in football. Xavi could get an assist for playing a simple 2 yard pass at the half way line if Messi goes up and beats the opposition then scores, whilst on the other hand Xavi could play an outstanding killer pass to Pedro/Alves who then play a simple side pass to Messi and get credited with the assist.

I've already proved this nonsense that Xavi only plays sidewards as a myth, he's played numerous killer passes this season in La liga!

J

jiopi

Xavi throughballs in League 09-13

09-10 33
10-11 25
11-12 18
12-13 8

Every game I see him with the ball, with the possibility to pull the trigger, but he's either not quick enough, or confident enough to do it any more.

DavidVillano1

No idea where you got those stats from, because he has 44 on whoscored as does Iniesta. Xavi has had 34 shots, Iniesta has 1 more and Fabregas 15 more. So no idea where this myth comes from that he's scared to shot, doesn't attempt through balls etc, did you see the one last night?

footyfan

Calma, calma
He has 8 completed through passes out of 34 attempted according to whoscored. And I'm pretty sure, by 'pulling the trigger', jiopi doesn't mean shooting but giving that killer pass.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Assists are by far the worst statistic in football. Xavi could get an assist for playing a simple 2 yard pass at the half way line if Messi goes up and beats the opposition then scores, whilst on the other hand Xavi could play an outstanding killer pass to Pedro/Alves who then play a simple side pass to Messi and get credited with the assist.

I've already proved this nonsense that Xavi only plays sidewards as a myth, he's played numerous killer passes this season in La liga!

Yes they are. You'll learn far more watching games than any statistics.

DavidVillano1

He has 8 completed through passes out of 34 attempted according to whoscored. And I'm pretty sure, by 'pulling the trigger', jiopi doesn't mean shooting but giving that killer pass.
Where exactly did you find those through ball numbers, couldn't find them.

Also what do they determine as a through ball? Because according to whoscored Xavi had 0 against Malaga, which clearly wasn't the case.

Edit: Found the TB part.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yes they are. You'll learn far more watching games than any statistics.

Of course, I don't think anyone actually disputes that. But statistics are useful when you have 50-60 games spread over 10 months and you don't remember every single minute of every single game.

This, tbh. Doesn't Ozil have more career assists than Xavi and Iniesta combined?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans