Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

I agree he is, but less than Depay I think. He is on a 77% pass success :) I can't imagine Depay be regarded as a CM by anyone, ever...
I don't think Barcelona should buy any winger for 50m euros though.

Just looked it up... Depay has a better pass success than Olmo this season :lol: And we all know who's playing more advanced, so the numbers are more forgivable.

Anyway, I am still on the Sulemana train.

Bobo32

Just looked it up... Depay has a better pass success than Olmo this season :lol: And we all know who's playing more advanced, so the numbers are more forgivable.

Anyway, I am still on the Sulemana train.

( You must've looked only on his 120 minutes in the league, add the CL game and he is on his usual pass percentage overall, 76,3. Still low for my liking, but higher than Depay ever had pretty much. )
I see higher quality in Olmos movement and technique than in Depays, I think Depay is just inherently sloppy on top of playing with a high risk. Olmo looks more stable to my eye - but I have to say I haven't seen him that much, maybe I'll change my mind after having seen more games.

I want to wait and see some of the games first before I hop on any train. Bernardo Silva is still my dream player!

George_Costanza

Illias Akhomach - is an amazing Right-Winger.

Txus Alba - I would like to see him getting some minutes, he is similar to Gavi and equally good.

Angel Alarcon - Brilliant Left-Winger

La Masia farmhouse is currently producing some amazing players. Xavi is sitting on a gold mine.

Horatio

You're welcome
Been watching training vids. Unreal he is our coach. Feels not so long ago he was a player here and he hasn't aged that much physically.

M3ls

Xavi's cleaning continues: Ramon Canal, head of Barcelona's medical services, analysts and physical trainers, is no longer part of the club. [
@moillorens]

Xavi has decided that all players will have to pass through the weight scale and record their weight daily to monitor them during the season, as this matter is believed to have an impact on injuries.

@diarioas

El Gato

Villarato!
Xavi's cleaning continues: Ramon Canal, head of Barcelona's medical services, analysts and physical trainers, is no longer part of the club. [
@moillorens]

Xavi has decided that all players will have to pass through the weight scale and record their weight daily to monitor them during the season, as this matter is believed to have an impact on injuries.

@diarioas

Find it amazing how much of a sieve Barca is for these kinds of news.

You never hear of any staff movement from the Real side, only notable ones like Pintus are ever highlighted.

Zidane82

@moillorens]

?
@diarioas
We won?t be buying Luke Shaw then ...

Birdy

( You must've looked only on his 120 minutes in the league, add the CL game and he is on his usual pass percentage overall, 76,3. Still low for my liking, but higher than Depay ever had pretty much. )
I see higher quality in Olmos movement and technique than in Depays, I think Depay is just inherently sloppy on top of playing with a high risk. Olmo looks more stable to my eye - but I have to say I haven't seen him that much, maybe I'll change my mind after having seen more games.

I want to wait and see some of the games first before I hop on any train. Bernardo Silva is still my dream player!

Olmo is not a winger...
He is a good md, never a winger or wide-forward which is what we are currently missing
Could not care less about his % passing success, since he lacks the aggression, pace, and dribbling close the sideline that a winger needs.
Enrique played him as false 9 in the Euros, because he is NOT A WINGER

No need in buying Olmo to be a 'winger'. If Xavi wants that type of 'winger' (which he doesn't), he can very well play Pedri there

Same for Bernando.
He will be terrible as a winger, despite all his technique and stuff.
Always cutting in and occupying the same central spaces.
Pep has been playing him even as a CM lately to remedy that

Last edited:

Bobo32

Olmo is not a winger...
He is a good md, never a winger or wide-forward which is what we are currently missing
Could not care less about his % passing success, since he lacks the aggression, pace, and dribbling close the sideline that a winger needs.
Enrique played him as false 9 in the Euros, because he is NOT A WINGER

No need in buying Olmo to be a 'winger'. If Xavi wants that type of 'winger' (which he doesn't), he can very well play Pedri there

Same for Bernando.
He will be terrible as a winger, despite all his technique and stuff.
Always cutting in and occupying the same central spaces.
Pep has been playing him even as a CM lately to remedy that

You truly believe this is an inherent unchangeable behaviour in a player?
It is very easy to tell an intelligent player to keep width, but very hard for a stupid player to play well centrally. Bernardo and Olmo can play well as wingers, because they have some intelligence coupled with speed and dribbling ability.

ajnotkeith

Illias Akhomach - is an amazing Right-Winger.

Txus Alba - I would like to see him getting some minutes, he is similar to Gavi and equally good.

Angel Alarcon - Brilliant Left-Winger

La Masia farmhouse is currently producing some amazing players. Xavi is sitting on a gold mine.

If we are lucky one of the Gavi Nico Balde etc will turn out to be world class. We've been down this road before. It's a long looooong way from scoring against u19 village teams.

Birdy

You truly believe this is an inherent unchangeable behaviour in a player?
It is very easy to tell an intelligent player to keep width, but very hard for a stupid player to play well centrally. Bernardo and Olmo can play well as wingers, because they have some intelligence coupled with speed and dribbling ability.

Intelligence and some dribbling ability? Yes
Speed? No
Aggression? No
The 2/3 most important requirements for a modern winger are missing in both.

Then you have your answer: they CANNOT be taught to be wingers again.
That's why they play centrally nowadays in their teams
It's not only about 'keeping width' to receive. it's about what you do with the ball when you receive it, how you do it, what spaces you occupy, etc

Messi still has exceptional dribbling ability.
That is not enough for him to became a winger again.
I think that says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans