Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

The big question that lingers in my mind: If he fails (no trophies, 2nd place, early CL exit), does he get the sack? Rather, should he get the sack?

He is working with a squad of incredible talent, and we are seeing it game by game.. These guys make things happen purely based on brilliance regularly and that is how we score most of our goals, with great bits of quality. Winning nothing is totally unacceptable.

And my question is, what tactical concepts has he introduced to this squad, how has he improved the midfield or defense or attack?

From what I see the only thing that's really changed is we cross the ball more and we press high. Most of the improvement has clearly come from improved personnel.

I credit him for improving the team physically to a large degree and getting the dressing room together, but tactically and on the pitch it is hard to see much to credit to him that isn't just better players.

Kul_z

Already saw his signature. We blew bayern off the park in 1st half, he did his homework, intensity to match a very elite clubs is there. Ffs we looked more like bayern then bayern themselves. Problem is that gavi, pedri, dembele, raphinha dont have authority yet, referee often overlook fouls on them, and whistle fouls that they commit, gavi in particular that aren't fouls. He lost the battle as soon goretzka came in, he needed to pull ancient one out immiedately. With fdj and kessie instead of ancient one and pedri(who was dusted) we'd match goretzka's presence, and maybe, just maybe raphinha out and depay in, dembouz on rw depay left. Depay with his dribbles and movement could cause havoc.
Overall, im satisfied with directness, competitive stuff, we are there. Attack let us down, on a normal day thats 3 goals up on half time. Good job xavi, just dont fuck it up in october. Crucial month

gasgas

One of tests for a great coach is making adjustments.

I dont know what to think, if he actually thought that Bayern wouldn't change anything at half time

And FFS, having Busquets means other players have to work twice as hard, hence the burnout in the 2nd half

iniestaGOAT

Ansu and Depay are both easily better than Ferret

Ansu isn't gonna play a lot and depay sucks as much as ferran. If the last match wasnt enough to convinve you on how bad depay sucks, i am sure xavi will start him some more. Even if it is just to convince you.

Only difference is he wasnt bought for 60m.

Pedri passes the ball to ferran, and he would have come out with a goal.

iniestaGOAT

He is working with a squad of incredible talent, and we are seeing it game by game.. These guys make things happen purely based on brilliance regularly and that is how we score most of our goals, with great bits of quality. Winning nothing is totally unacceptable.

And my question is, what tactical concepts has he introduced to this squad, how has he improved the midfield or defense or attack?

From what I see the only thing that's really changed is we cross the ball more and we press high. Most of the improvement has clearly come from improved personnel.

I credit him for improving the team physically to a large degree and getting the dressing room together, but tactically and on the pitch it is hard to see much to credit to him that isn't just better players.

Maybe you should start watching youtube videos explaining the tactics cause you have no idea what you are watching. Its obvious.

freetocan

Ansu isn't gonna play a lot and depay sucks as much as ferran. If the last match wasnt enough to convinve you on how bad depay sucks, i am sure xavi will start him some more. Even if it is just to convince you.

Only difference is he wasnt bought for 60m.

Pedri passes the ball to ferran, and he would have come out with a goal.

It does not matter if would have scored a goal with an empty net from a pass from Pedri, Ferran has simply no quality for a Barca calibre and costs us a fortune. Good job by Man. City/ pep in selling him to us….

iniestaGOAT

It does not matter if would have scored a goal with an empty net from a pass from Pedri, Ferran has simply no quality for a Barca calibre and costs us a fortune. Good job by Man. City/ pep in selling him to us….

Thats not the discussion here though is it?

Question is why did xavi bring him on? Cause hes the only replacement we have for the front three. (ansu is injured and depay is a bigger bum)

Gari

Xavi needs a little correction, but progress is being made. This is a motivated Bayern at home. The details and the referee won. Everyone who entered the field from ours began to slip and fall. Bayern again flooded everything with water.

xXKonan

Played well in the first but again there's always that 15-minute stretch in which we get put under pressure and we end up conceding goals from mistakes and yesterday was no different.

Didn't help that Xavi keeps tinkering with the back line and we don't have a real DM anymore. Both Gavi and Pedri were working overtime in the Midfield to try and cover for Busi. All I got from this game is we really need a Defensive Midfielder, Busi is a legend and one of the greats in his position but he's so far past it that we are suffering a lot with him on the pitch in games like this.

iniestaGOAT

Just need Atletico to beat Madrid so we take the lead before International break

Then gotta beat them at bernabeu so we take lead before the WC, then we win the league

SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Gari

Fc4C-LUXoAA7qJS

Fc4C-LUXoAMNIfb

He did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans