Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

Klopp inherited absolute garbage and we showed signs of evolution from his first game. The style of play, coaching and tactical patterns were very clearly visible from the first game. Every Liverpool fan saw the clear progress.

Xavi's "process" is showing nothing of that sort despite having a way better team in a weaker league.

Awful comparison.

Come on man, Lpool finished eight that season. Our defensive line against Inter and Real was worse than a garbage! Roberto-Pique-Garcia-Alonso. That's a definition of a PURE garbage. However, my comparison was not made to prove that Xavi is better or worse than Klopp. I tried to emphasize that everyone needs time in order to make difference.

I see plenty of people still arguing in Xavi's favor. I'm trying my best but can't see why. I can understand some think there are no real alternatives worth going for atm but the WC might change that too. For me, it's not whether should Barca sack Xavi, it's when.

I still think Tuchel would be very good for us, might help us leave some antiquated notions in the past. Now that would be a real revolution.

Joan we can't simply fire a coach after less than a year. We did that already with Koeman and Setien and now we should do it with Xavi? We have also fired Valverde while he was first in La Liga! Only small or disastrously managed clubs do that. We should stay firm behind Xavi until the end of the season and than decide what to do. If our team will continue to under-perform than he should be fired but for now ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Imagine if we hire Tuchel and nothing improves? What shall we do than? Fire him again after 8 months? Hell no, this needs to stop. When you choose a manager you should back him up for at least one entire season. Just look at Juve. They hired Sarri than Pirlo and now they are back to Allegri and they are again horrible. We need patience before anything else. I personally don't like how Xavi manages this team, and I am certain we can play better with this squad. However, firing him now would be a huge mistake.

He is worse than Koeman and that is really all that should be said about him. Has invested the most money out of any manager in the past few years, and is arguably performing worse than the managers before him.

Keep in mind, that we've spent a lot of money on older players because Xavi insisted on getting them. We could and should have invested in young talent and do a proper rebuilding phase. We will feel the pain of this transfer window for years, and for me Xavi is the one to blame.

He needs to be removed asap.

Please stop talking nonsense. When Koeman was fired Barca was in the NINTH place in LA Liga. We had won ONLY 4 out of 13 games we played. I do agree that we should have not bought some older players like Alonso but on the other side Kounde wouldn't be here without Xavi.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

I think many people (at least me) would give Xavi a lot more credit if he played the best players and not fucking Busquets and Alonso when we have FDJ and Balde on the bench. It would also help if he would adjust his formation when it's obvious it isn't working.

Lol stop it with balde shit, he has been average at best. May be another over hyped prospect like puig, maybe not.

Still not enough to start every game we play. He has been playing enough.

ajnotkeith

Please stop talking nonsense. When Koeman was fired Barca was in the NINTH place in LA Liga. We had won ONLY 4 out of 13 games we played. I do agree that we should have not bought some older players like Alonso but on the other side Kounde wouldn't be here without Xavi.
When Xavi took over from Koeman the results and performances were pretty much the same until January window and return of Pedri and Dembele. A context you convieniently leave out in your post.

Comparing the squad Xavi has now to Koeman's 21/22 with likes of Braithwaite and Mingueza starting is really dishonest. You know that there is absolutely no parallel to be drawn there.

Barcilliant

Lol stop it with balde shit, he has been average at best. May be another over hyped prospect like puig, maybe not.

Well, well ... Well

Xavis biggest supporter has decided to show up. Your man is going to set us back twenty years with his archaic, shit football. Will you still support him when we end the season trophyless????

FC B

I just wish they'd stop employing club legends. I love Xavi, one of the greatest players at Barca but he's just not up to the task.

There is zero reflection in tactical mistakes, it's just rinse and repeat and hope for a different outcome.

How on earth could they hire a Barca DNA manager without him being a club legend first? :lol:

his peak was last season during the 4-0 clasico win, since the 2-3 loss against frankfurt it's going downhill

True, it's such a big difference on how Barca played back then with shittier players compared to how they play now.

Iniesta Ultra

I was one of the first posters here knowing he had to go, surprised it took almost a year of midfield-less Xavicross with only a sprinkle of lucky wins for others to realize same.

Givenchy

I and many others said it before he joined, Xavi should of managed a midtable La liga club before even thinking of managing Barca - there, he would of been totally exposed imo and many on here would be saying we dodged a bullet.

I have time for a manager if he puts his hands up and admits his mistakes and the tactics/line-ups reflect that going forward but just reading his recent quotes after the Madrid match, he's just as deluded and pedantic as he was when he played.

He's a Qatar league level manager, managing one of the biggest teams in football for 1 reason: he's an ex-player.

Porque

Atleast Tuchel would get us to a CL final, and maybe win it if he faces Pep before things invariably going pear shaped.

Xavi on the other hand may get us to a Europa League Semi if we can avoid a midtable German side.

SmilerBam

Birdy want to be the smartest man in the room all the time so badly he doesn't even know what he's trying to argue half the time. He should start with his Darwin > Haaland & Sergino Dest is Barca's future RB takes first though.

He tries indeed to appear smart, but for me he's stupid as fuck. Always hiding under xg's and pointless tactical analyses, when he has no clue about how this game works. I mean, he thinks it is better for Barca that Leo fucking Messi left before one neuron Dumbele, enough said.

SmilerBam

That was in CL. He was still great vs smaller teams. Didn't he win top goalscorer that season?

Almost 50 goals & assists.

So finally you agree that poor squad planning and mediocre coaches are at fault for where Barca is, not Messi? This is the second season without Leo Messi, and the second time we've missed qualification in the latter stages of the CL. No coincidence here.

iniestaGOAT

Well, well ... Well

Xavis biggest supporter has decided to show up. Your man is going to set us back twenty years with his archaic, shit football. Will you still support him when we end the season trophyless????

Why would I support xavi if he ends up trophyless?

He has this season to win the league

freetocan

Totalului disagree. Exactly reverse. Alonso ?s terminate since te-o years ago. If hecwas remainig at Chelsea, he porobably played if Chelsea h?d only 10 playere available and neded Alonso for the 11th to complete a squad. The only other person who saw something in Alonso was…Xavi.

terryzinc

People are happy with being 2nd place in La Liga because Koeman was 9th what happened to firing the guy who was taking the team to CL semis and winning La Liga every year and was fired?

Xavi is another great player who makes a lousy coach! Being a great player doesn't make a great coach. LOTS of coaches better than Xavi. LOTS of player analyzers than Xavi. He is biased towards Spanish players even old ones who suck SMH!

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Totalului disagree. Exactly reverse. Alonso ?s terminate since te-o years ago. If hecwas remainig at Chelsea, he porobably played if Chelsea h?d only 10 playere available and neded Alonso for the 11th to complete a squad. The only other person who saw something in Alonso was?Xavi.

So? Who's gonna replace balde? Jordi alba?

He shittier than Alonso

Balde can't play 3 games every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans