Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

So finally you agree that poor squad planning and mediocre coaches are at fault for where Barca is, not Messi? This is the second season without Leo Messi, and the second time we've missed qualification in the latter stages of the CL. No coincidence here.

Biggest problems with Messi were his obscene salary and his greed. And his laziness in CL.

In La Liga he stil played at a high level when he left, just not vs Madrid.

2nd seson without Leo and many other problems. Good teams do fine without Messi. That is why Messi won 1 in the last 10 CLs.

Last edited:

Gari

Xavi's pre-match interview: everything is fine with us, are we not weak, but strong opponents?, without Busquets, nowhere, philosophy is above all, believe in us and wait.
Xavi: "Bar?a play the idea we have. It's my idea and game model. Sometimes it won't work out but we have to insist and that's what I do."

Barcilliant

Xavi's pre-match interview: everything is fine with us, are we not weak, but strong opponents?, without Busquets, nowhere, philosophy is above all, believe in us and wait.
Xavi: "Bar?a play the idea we have. It's my idea and game model. Sometimes it won't work out but we have to insist and that's what I do."[/QU

🤣 This guy is determined to fall on his own sword. He should heed the following words,"all idealism is falsehood in the face of necessity".
He is basically footballs equivalent of a religious fanatic.

ajnotkeith

Xavi - "We signed well, but we have to think about strengthening in the winter market"

Goodness me. Xavi must have misread his job description. Does he know that players aren't bought with monopoly money and there isn't unlimited funds? We are fan-owned, not PSG or City...

Last edited:

Givenchy

Xavi: "Bar?a play the idea we have. It's my idea and game model. Sometimes it won't work out but we have to insist and that's what I do."

Deluded beyond belief.

I love this philosophy that has seen us humiliated in Europe 4x a row and knocked out the group stages 2x in a row. Clearly we should pull more levers, renew Busquets and keep believing.

This is like some kind of cult.

ajnotkeith

Xavi hasn't improved any of the existing players (except maybe Dembele but that's more because he just stayed fit) and just wants the club to buy all the best players in the world as he can't develop the existing ones we have.

Whereas at Madrid for example under Ancelotti,young players like Valverde/Vinicius/Rodrygo that weren't rated and quite fringe became top players under him. He also found the best version of Benzema, Tchouameni doing well etc.

That's the main difference between Barca and Madrid right now, they are improving and developing their young talents constantly whilst we are relying on old players and young players not improving.

Barcilliant

Xavi hasn't improved any of the existing players (except maybe Dembele but that's more because he just stayed fit) and just wants the club to buy all the best players in the world as he can't develop the existing ones we have.

Whereas at Madrid for example under Ancelotti,young players like Valverde/Vinicius/Rodrygo that weren't rated and quite fringe became top players under him. He also found the best version of Benzema, Tchouameni doing well etc.

That's the main difference between Barca and Madrid right now, they are improving and developing their young talents constantly whilst we are relying on old players and young players not improving.

Exactly. And the sooner we get rid of Xavi and his archaic idea of football we will be better off. Cult is the right word. This whole idea of sticking to something that clearly isn't working is destroying us.

terryzinc

I love the Messi bashing right now he has more goals and assists than Fati Raphina Demble Torres Depay COMBINED. And how many La Ligas have we won without him and how many CL semifinals have we made without him.!

serghei

Messi fans in full flow. Guy left the club to get paid the big bucks at PSG. What more do you want? This is capitalism. We couldn't afford him anymore. That is why he is not here, not some other reason.

The reason why we couldn't afford Messi is also the main reason why we can't compete with the top teams yet.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

We had to move on from Messi at some point. The sooner the better. He definitely carried us in la liga in the latter years but it was time to move on from him.
The problem is Xavi. He has no idea how to coach, how to adapt, what his best 11 is etc.

His whole plan is possession, Busquets and spend more money we don't have.

Birdy

Messi fans in full flow. Guy left the club to get paid the big bucks at PSG. What more do you want? This is capitalism. We couldn't afford him anymore. That is why he is not here, not some other reason.

The reason why we couldn't afford Messi is also the main reason why we can't compete with the top teams yet.

Correct except for the last line.

The money allocated to Messi's ludicrous contract would have strengthened us a lot if allocated to all the black holes in the squad,
instead of perpetuating a legacy that is not allowing us to move forwards and rewards the team with European humiliations every year

serghei

Correct except for the last line.

The money allocated to Messi's ludicrous contract would have strengthened us a lot if allocated to all the black holes in the squad,
instead of perpetuating a legacy that is not allowing us to move forwards and rewards the team with European humiliations every year

You love conclusions after 3 months. I get it, fans are fickle and impatient.

We will see at the end of the season, unless Xavi implodes and starts to have bad results in the league on a consistent basis.

And before you put in your 'oh, Koeman this or that', he was sacked because his results were consistently shit in the 2nd season and because he was moaning non stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans