Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Bottling the league would be disastrous for the club at every level. Even if Xavi isn't the solution you gotta hope they still seal the title whilst working towards a possible replacement *if* they have a clear upgrade available, and if not, have the foresight to make the right signings and sales and not give in to whatever Xavi wants.

Shouldn't let this end up like Koeman where it was getting obvious we needed something better but Laporta kept waffling the entire summer only to hire Xavi mid-season.

Don't get me wrong, I think the league should be won at all costs, no matter if it means Xavi continues, that's the only option really.

Yeah, should hope Laporta has some modicum of reason to see that Xavi is not the answer for us at this point and he fires him, even if we win.

There are countless upgrades for Xavi tbf, Laporta should just pull the plug on him.

ajnotkeith

They sense blood better than any other team in the world.

As soon as it becomes clear they can win the league they will take it.

Not sure about that. Madrid have always historically been poor in the league.

Only way they crawl back into it is if we lose at Camp Nou against them.

Givenchy

If we lose to Real Madrid by a 2 or more goal margin on Thursday, he should be sacked before the weekend.

Should be sacked right now but even if he bottles the league, he won't be sacked. I'm just waiting for a leak about a clause in his contract stating if we sack him within 2 seasons he gets a payoff of x amount which we can't afford. Wouldn't put it past Laporta.

Summer window is going to be very depressing also when these retards try to force Frenkie's exit once again so they can fund Dani Olmo and the like.

fergus90

Especially if Real Madrid continue into the CL, some of their squad is in their 30's and their depth isn't deep. Rodrygo is now out injured too.

Barca cannot afford too many more dropped points don't get me wrong but Real are not going 15/15 from here either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we bottle the league Laporta won't take more than 24 hours to sack Xavi. Remember that Laporta didn't want to hire him and kind of said so publicly three months before he was hired, but he was convinced to hire him by Jordi Cruyff and his VP and right hand man Rafa Yuste.

Richard.H

Especially if Real Madrid continue into the CL, some of their squad is in their 30's and their depth isn't deep. Rodrygo is now out injured too.

Barca cannot afford too many more dropped points don't get me wrong but Real are not going 15/15 from here either.

You are underestimating just how much better their fitness level is than ours. We have a younger squad but constantly have players injured due to our piss poor training, diet, and fitness plan. It's been a problem since Lucho left. They also have a better mentality than us.

I will go as far as saying them advancing deeper in CL will give them more confidence to play better in LL.

Porque

Madrid were diabolical against Atleti and should have lost. Even against 10 men (bar the last 5-10 mins.

But we just opened the door for them.

I think we done the same shit last season after getting knocked out of Europa. Lost the follow-up against some shitter like Cadiz and then a few games later lost again.

fergus90

You are underestimating just how much better their fitness level is than ours. We have a younger squad but constantly have players injured due to our piss poor training, diet, and fitness plan. It's been a problem since Lucho left. They also have a better mentality than us.

I will go as far as saying them advancing deeper in CL will give them more confidence to play better in LL.

Have to agree to disagree on that one mate, I don't see them winning the league this year. They aren't playing any better than Barca domestically in my opinion.

ajnotkeith

He will likely be sacked if he loses LaLiga.

Trust the process, even if Laporta wanted to, isn't possible at the moment with the terrible financial situation and we need as much revenue as possible.

He won't keep going with Xavi after being out of Europe by February and throwing LaLiga as finances say we need to win now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans