Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

You play Madrid 2 times out of 40.

Most games in Spain are against fodder teams with negative net spend who come out playing for 0-0 every game.

It's not as competitive as the Prem and I'm not sure even the most ardent Xavi backers on the forum think LL is comparable to Prem.

It's not as competitive as the Premier League, but winning it in front of Real Madrid is still better than losing the Premier League.

That is if you want to compare. I don't see any use in comparing.

Xavi did a fine job this season and that's all there is to it. Ten Hag can do a fine job at United too. Arteta proved it is possible to compete for the EPL with City. So can he next season with United, a bigger, wealthier club than Arsenal.

jamrock

If people on here were so desperate to dog Xavi they would be agreeing with Serghei and talking about how terrible ETH is as just makes him look worse for losing to him.

But we're not. Ironically the shoe is on the other foot.

Theirs a good 20 % of people on here how are quick to shit on the man and everything he does though, nothing is ever good enough, you would think he came into a perfect situation with a club that's was constantly winning leagues & pushing hard in the CL, in which case the constant criticism would be understandable.

JamDav1982

Nah consistent failure in European Competition is a pattern and cost many a coach their job.
It's not as competitive as the Premier League, but winning it in front of Real Madrid is still better than losing the Premier League.

Xavi did a fine job this season and that's all there is to it. Ten Hag can do a fine job at United too. Arteta proved it is possible to compete for the EPL with City. So can he next season at a bigger wealthier club than Arsenal.
Who is better team this season Barca or Real?

All things considered.. injuries, coaches.

You will avoid but will ask again anyway.

Xavi has been up and down this season and Barca done well to win the league deapite many question marks still despite the results.

He has a lot to improve on to be a top coach.

Nowhere near it at moment and need to build on it.

Barca need to compete in both league and Europe not win league but only beat Plzn in ten European games.

Givenchy

Such a terrible post.

Ten Hag is a promising manager who has to prove his worth at his 1st big club. Not much different than Xavi.

You trash Antony signing, and yet Ten Hag brought him. :lol:

This season, top 4 is relatively OK for Ten Hag despite some historical humiliations like 0-7 vs Liverpool, because it's his first season. But next season if he doesn't challenge for the league, that's really bad.

Other than that, a lot of "would've", "could've" hypotheticals there. Let me guess, you're one of those clueless posters that think Real Madrid is a scrub team that just happens to beat teams in CL out of pure luck.
Not much different than Xavi? :lol: ten Hag managed Ajax before United, who did Xavi manage? Al Saad in the Qatari league. What nonsense. Ajax aren't a big club now?

Antony is a terrible signing for how much he cost and that is one of the question marks I have with ten Hag, however Martinez at CB has been a hit and I can see improvements in the likes of Rashford who was terrible the season before, even Fred has improved. A good manager gets the best out of his squad and Xavi doesn't do that.

Top 4 in the PL is a lot tougher than 1 horse race La Liga. This Barca under Xavi would be midtable in that league as PL strikers don't tend to shit their pants over and over again like in La Liga.

You guessed wrong, Madrid aren't a scrub team, they have got lucky at times but mostly Benzema is clutch and they have the best winning mentality in football when it comes to CL. La Liga obviously doesn't make them hard.

ajnotkeith

Xavi did a fine job this season and that's all there is to it. Ten Hag can do a fine job at United too. Arteta proved it is possible to compete for the EPL with City. So can he next season with United, a bigger, wealthier club than Arsenal.
Arteta was 8th at this point into his rebuild.

I agree that we should see Ten Hag competing for the title after 3 years of management like Arteta did, but hasn't even been close to that long yet.

JamDav1982

I agree that we should see Ten Hag competing for the title after 3 years of management like Arteta did, but hasn't even been close to that long yet.

In EPL you could be 3rd of 4th best coach in world and still barely in European places is the reality.

Never even be close to that competition in Spain.

serghei

I agree that we should see Ten Hag competing after 3 years of management like Arteta did, but hasn't even been close to that long yet.

We'll see where Xavi is in 3 years too. With far fewer funds than Ten Hag. Gonna be interesting to follow their career from now on.

ajnotkeith

Theirs a good 20 % of people on here how are quick to shit on the man and everything he does though, nothing is ever good enough, you would think he came into a perfect situation with a club that's was constantly winning leagues & pushing hard in the CL, in which case the constant criticism would be understandable.
He's not the worst coach out there at all. Fair few worse than him have passed through top clubs.

Just don't think he is a top level manager and not with the likes of ETH or Pep at the moment.

serghei

He's not the worst coach out there at all. Fair few worse than him have passed through top clubs.

Just don't think he is a top level manager and not with the likes of ETH or Pep at the moment.

ETH and Pep don't belong in the same tier. :lol: You can't seriously believe that.

JamDav1982

Pep is far ahead of the rest.

ETH is in the next lot down still behind Klopp etc.

Winning a fucking terrible la liga with one oher team to compete with and getting pumped in Europe time and again in awful fashion all counts at a club like Barca.

He needs to improve big time in Europe.

Barca/Real coaches dont survive on being that bad in Europe or the league.

serghei

But anyway, I guess it's not the end of the world if you like a manager the way some here love ETH. Let's see him adding some league titles and some CLs before we compare him to managers like Pep, Klopp etc. though. Keep the love somehow grounded in reality.

Not to be mean, but the most special thing Ten Hag did this season is find a way to lose 0-7 to one of the worst Liverpool of the last 10 years.

jamrock

Well there's like 2 managers who are close to Pep's level, so If that's the standard we can go ahead and fire him now.

ETH has more experience at the top level, super talented, I wonder what people will say though if he fails to make the top 4 and doesn't win the EL.

He's a young coach that has a undoubted element of learning on the job, he's made a few mistakes & had a few things go against him at critical times.

Their ain't a club on the planted who would fire or shit on a manger that has brought them their first league title in years, you sit in the summer & see where improvements can be made and If we fall short again next season then a different discussion can be had.

JamDav1982

But anyway, I guess it's not the end of the world if you like a manager the way some here love ETH. Let's see him adding some league titles and some CLs before we compare him to managers like Pep, Klopp etc.
Aye you wanted ETH as Barca coach.

No one 'loves' him and he is discussed as is just as often brought up by those that make out Xavi can do no wrong.

Primarily as was the name mentioned when Xavi got the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans