Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

The last few pages might be some of the most pathetic shit I have ever read.
These thots are sounding like bigger cry babies than XAVI apparently is at press conferences.

The irony.

GROW UP LADIES. I WILL GET YOU YOUR TAMPONS. NOW RELAX.

JamDav1982

His contract was extended to 2024-25, I believe. 4m this season + 8.5m next makes about that sum. I'm not clear about the exact period, though.
Aye but if he publicly states he offered his resignation at end of season and it was accepted surely he wouldnt have a leg to stand on if wanted paid for next season

Rory

None of his words are surprising. This is coming from the guy who blamed the grass length/dry grass/the sun/the fans on losing very winnable games.

Rory

He's also completely fucked any chance a decent club takes a chance on him too, (not that the chance was high). Why would anyone hire a whining quitter who blames everyone but himself? For a serial winner he sure is a loser.

Windhook

Aye but if he publicly states he offered his resignation at end of season and it was accepted surely he wouldnt have a leg to stand on if wanted paid for next season
It's how contracts work, mate. If Xavi resings today by his own will he's due literally 0m in compensation (if there aren't any secret bullshit clauses Laporta gave him). I doubt it's the case, so he'll get the rest of 4m of his wage until the end of the season. With the announcement on Saturaday Xavi waived his next year salary of 8.5m.

JamDav1982

It's how contracts work, mate. If Xavi resings today by his own will he's due literally 0m in compensation (if there aren't any secret bullshit clauses Laporta gave him). I doubt it's the case, so he'll get the rest of 4m of his wage until the end of the season. With the announcement on Saturaday Xavi waived his next year salary of 8.5m.

Dont think contracts work like that if Xavi has said he is leaving at end of season.

Cant then claim compensation for years he has already stated he wont be there for.

Windhook

Dont think contracts work like that if Xavi has said he is leaving at end of season.

Cant then claim compensation for years he has already stated he wont be there for.
Xavi is not due any wage past June 30, as he announced. If he's sacked by Laporta - it's different story, he's due all the compensation signed in the contract for the months remaining in his contract until June 30, 2025. There's always the mutual termination let's say in March 2024, when results are tragic and one of the parties wants out, whether it's Xavi or Laporta.

One way or another, no matter how asshole and greedy you think of Xavi, I believe he's the last person to hurt Barca for financials.

When everyone wants you to explore a luxury Mercedes, but you can afford SEAT car engine, those are the results.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Dont agree he would be due next seasons salary if sacked once has already said he will be leaving in summer.

He has effectively handed in his resignation on a future date and been accepted.. how then could he claim if sacked he was expecting to be working past this summer?

Would get paid until end of season and that is it would be my bet.

They dont even need to sack him anyway.. just put him on gardening leave or pay him until 30th June.. same outcome.

Porque

It's disingenuous to say you were planning to step down at end of season during summer, yet sign an extension in October.

But perhaps, and I'm reading between the lines here, the renewal had a mutual unpaid termination clause from both sides attached.

If you look at the rest of Xavi managerial team, no one else renewed along with Xavi, so it seems there has always been an idea that Xavi is thinking of going end of season.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Feel embarrassed reading his quotes.

Never seen a more pampered Barca manager and yet the most moaning one.
And one of the worst we had in terms of quality of football.

He completely lost the plot to the point he outright lies about his continuation as others already noted about his extension/decision to leave.

JamDav1982

Not only did he extend he and his whole team got a hefty increase in salary..

Now if he was planning on leaving at end of season why make the Barca FFP situation worse? Was it to get his team a better pay out from Barca?

Not quite 'always putting club first' as claimed..

ajnotkeith

Not only did he extend he and his whole team got a hefty increase in salary..

Now if he was planning on leaving at end of season why make the Barca FFP situation worse? Was it to get his team a better pay out from Barca?

Not quite 'always putting club first' as claimed..
It probably wasn't planned. This seems like more of a 'you aren't firing me, I quit!' type of thing.

He wants to take the moral victory and try to leave on his own terms rather than being inevitably fired as results continue to nosedive.

Probably sees himself as too good to be fired and bitter that board or fans would ever consider this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans