Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ

Yeah it does feel like that.

He has manouvered a way to have a better chance to stay until the end of the season where criticisms wont be accepted.

Ridiculous situation for club to find itself in.

Things could get very sticky for top four soon if dont pick up max points or close in next four games.

He is the most protected coach can ever remember for Barca by a long way.
Funny how even the English media protect him and blame the "toxicity " around the club. The media are usually happy to hang a manager out to dry but Xavi has had a very easy ride compared to some of his predecessors eg Van Gaal, Rijkaard and Koeman.
Him whining is not a good look and shows how unsuitable he is for the job.

Neeraj

Just thinking about it.. It's really strange for a manager to come out and turn the tables like this. You normally have a coach calling his time with some notice when things are well and he's expected to continue (like Klopp just did).

But I don't think I can think of any other instance where such a UNO reverese card was playd - it's like having a gazelle cornered by lions but the gazelle telling the lions to calm down and it will bring them dinner later on, and the lions leaving confused. :lol:

WallBreaker

The feeling I've always gotten of Xavi is that he has as big of an ego complex as "The Special One" in his prime, for example. He has always come off to me as a bit delusional in a dense way. He must have a hell of a conceptual framework storm in his head going on that is not in sync with "reality". Guy's a bit crazy. So are geniuses, but it's a fine line.

The martyr/victim mentality, the conspiracy theories, the sanctimonious self-appointment as arbiter of the morally right and wrong in football... There's a lot to unpack there.

You can read a lot into his particular resignation but a big part of it surely comes from a vantage point of ego preservation.

Trying to frame things so that he doesn't get fired, so that even if he reaches new lows with this Barca he'll have several excuses to rationalize and embellish his reality.

Seppuku. Mishima style.

"Menudo personaje", as it would be said in Spanish.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

If Xavi agreed to forego all his future salary and resign immediately, then Fatporta would've preferred that. Xavi's holding the financial cards here and he's playing Fatporta and Barca. He's so full of himself and delusional he actually thinks he's better for Barca than an interim coming in till end of season. He's put himself before the club the entire time he's been manager, he feels entitled to have had ability to impose his psychotic gimpball. He wants to be like Pep's become where he's more important than any player on the team. Same reason he culled Puig, wouldn't let Messi come back for a season to help salvage the disaster he created, and implemented 'tactics' where no one could shine. He binned our levers on ferret, ragdoll, donkey, and stoned Kounde. He lost the dressing room but they can relax now since he'll be gone at some point, that's just insane.

If he actually cared about the club before his personal fantasies he would've resigned over a year ago. Despite his lies to the media, he really doesn't feel responsible but that the team, and media lmao, failed him. Unfortunatley geniuses have little gray area and gravitate mostly to one side of light or dark.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJJ

Kul_z

Just thinking about it.. It's really strange for a manager to come out and turn the tables like this. You normally have a coach calling his time with some notice when things are well and he's expected to continue (like Klopp just did).

But I don't think I can think of any other instance where such a UNO reverese card was playd - it's like having a gazelle cornered by lions but the gazelle telling the lions to calm down and it will bring them dinner later on, and the lions leaving confused. :lol:
This. He should be destroyed after last game, but well, its all good now, now watch me get eliminated against napoli, but hey im gone in summer

Rory

Whining about criticism when this is all his own doing. He chose to come here after 0 years managing in europe. After no time learning how to even be an assistant under a manager. I actually think the route he should go is begging some top manager to let him learn under them. Can see tactically he knows fuck all.

He's had hundreds of millions spent and at the same time hired whoever he likes for backroom staff including his own brother.

When you do those things you deserve every bit of criticism you get.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Just shut the fuck up Xavi, you're ruining your legacy with your crybaby antics! Fuck is he annoying, what did he expect??! Our team plays the worst football I've ever fucking seen and he goes on to say retarded shit like "they don't value us enough". What a complete and utter idiot, I'm starting to think he is mentally ill and lives in some sort of alternative reality - like for real...

delancey

Xavi reveals: "The decision on my resignation has been made for a long time, our work is not valued enough". "Honestly, I had decided to leave from the beginning of the season".

I mean, didn’t he sign a contract extension at the beginning of the season? 6 games in, or so? So basically he was thinking about quitting while signing a new contract. 😂😅

Birdy

More shit coming out of his mouth today.
Constant whining and self-victimization.
Honestly he is like a spoiled entitled child. When will he grow up?

Compare all that crap to how someone like Klopp handles issues with the press

JamDav1982

Xavi desperately trying to make out he was a success but quit due to pressure in ways Pep did etc is nauseating.

His lack of reality has been an issue the whole time. He comes across as having zero awareness of own failing and absolutely everything is someone elses fault.

Wait until he leaves... the board will get it from him also on not getting players he wanted.. despite the fact he had huge input on the hundreds of millions spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans