Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well done Xavi. Atletico looked bad. Probably suffering from Inter win but credit where credit is due. Big win for Barca and great boost for everyone.

Shame we have to go to international break.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He could have been a great coach for us. Such a shame the media+fans eviscerated him.

His youth management is sensational.

Not sure what media you follow, but the two biggest papers in Barcelona have been supporting him unconditionally since day one. If he wasn't Xavi he would actually be criticized more. He has barely faced any criticism from the local press.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what media you follow, but the two biggest papers in Barcelona have been supporting him unconditionally since day one. If he wasn't Xavi he would actually be criticized more. He has barely faced any criticism from the local press.

Exactly. Plus, we've been playing awful football for most of the season.

Maybe if there was more pressure from both media and board earlier, we would have had this positive reaction sooner.

Who knows.

KingHristo

I gotta say good set up today and the changes (remotely directed) were very well timed too. Shame he got the red, it was completely unnecessary. I mean I get it the refs were crap and we didn't get a few calls but we were leading, so no reason to throw your toys out of the pram. He should know better. But then we actually started playing better after he was gone so I don't know, maybe his expulsion was a blessing in disguise lol

BJJ

I was impressed today. MAYBE, the best performance during his tenure here. He really should have cut his teeth at a smaller club. Did himself a disservice by joining us straight from the desert league.
My issue is we will be great today and then shit tomorrow. There's just no consistency.
It's crazy that midfield looks so much better without De Jong, Pedri and Gavi

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He plays better without his starting midfielders (Pedri, De Jong). Weird.
It wasn't that today, Atletico were very poor. Roberto was actually a liability and could of cost us if Atletico were actually able to finish in this game. It was more so Gundogan and lewy having an excellent game.

Loki

He plays better without his starting midfielders (Pedri, De Jong). Weird.
I think the team would play even better with Frenkie. Pedri on the other hand slowed down our game. Strange to say, but the midfield feels more dynamic without him on the field. If everyone was fit, I think our best line-up would look like this:

Kounde-Araujo-Cubarsi-Cancelo
Christensen
Gundo - Frenkie
Yamal - Lewy - Gavi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
fc-barcelona-v-ssc-napoli-round-of-16-second-leg-uefa-champions-league-2023-24-3-2-1024x683.jpg

"Ever since I announced my decision to leave, the team is playing better. We’re pressing more, attacking more, defending more.”

"Our style is showing. Call it Cruyffism or whatever, but it’s showing. Due to bad luck we don’t play like this in every match, but when we do, it’s so enjoyable.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans