Yaya Toure

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He was outstanding in the last game of the season against Valladolid; if he goes to Man City or wherever and starts performing like that on a consistent basis, then we may end up regretting selling him.

if he had played like that more often we wouldnt be selling him

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
he played bad only three or four times the whole of last season.
tell me which player played great for the whole season?
three or four?! man you're comparing yaya to puyol, and puyol played bad only three or four times. yaya made 2-4 good performances, rest were bad.
if he was of 2008/2009 material, he would have stayed and pep would never even have considered busquets.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
he played bad only three or four times the whole of last season.
tell me which player played great for the whole season?

Pique.
Xavi
Puyol

with the exception of 1 or 2 games each.

Yaya was poor for the most part with a few brilliant ones scattered around....

barca96

three or four?! man you're comparing yaya to puyol, and puyol played bad only three or four times. yaya made 2-4 good performances, rest were bad.
if he was of 2008/2009 material, he would have stayed and pep would never even have considered busquets.

lol once again u created something out of nothing.
like i said before, stop changing what ive said.
i never compared yaya to puyol..read properly!!

zanela

The club tried offloading him following a magnificent 08/09 season. But the failure to capture Masch, a pep's target led to renewal of Yaya's contract last summer. Had he repeated a similar feat, he would've still be put on sale. So blaming his subpar performances as the reason for his sale is nonsense. And its getting really boring from those who want him gone. By that reasoning Márquez , the Ukranian and Iniesta should go before the Ivorian. The fact of the matter is Yaya isn't one of Pep's fav while also the agent angle has just made matters worse. His performance is not the issue here. You don't discard players after one poor season.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
lol once again u created something out of nothing.
like i said before, stop changing what ive said.
i never compared yaya to puyol..read properly!!
read silky's post, I meant it like that. I'm no professor in English.

and zanela, read my post above. it's not only 1 reason. it's 3 or even more.

Marquez is going. Or should be going.
The ukranian was bought expensively and at least doesn't have a dickhead for an agent. He's really trying to settle in aswell.
Iniesta? You joking? The guy is the best player when on form but he's been injured for quite some time. Look how he's playing for Spain now.

And also, this is 2010. Not 2009.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You don't discard players for having one poor season... but you do off-load them if they have a poor season as well as make noise for regular first team action!!

Club didn't look to offload him last summer btw, they just wanted to buy a new DM in January to accommodate the loss of both of 'em Africans!!

zanela

Iniesta? You joking? The guy is the best player when on form but he's been injured for quite some time. Look how he's playing for Spain now.

No, i'm not joking! But those who say that Yaya would've not been sold at all had he repeated his prev season probably are. As we all know the club did try to sell him last summer inspite of his performance. And i'm not the one advocating a player's sale on the basis of one poor season. It was directed to those who consider it as enough to throw them way. And obviously if ur not taking talent, potential and past record in to account in deciding a player's future at the club then the aforementioned players 've to go before Yaya as they 've had a much worse season.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I agree that the "he had a bad season" argument alone doesn't justify selling him, otherwise Iniesta would be on the market too, and Marquez would have been sold multiple times already. :p

The problem is motivation. If he was off form it's one thing, but there's reason to believe he was mediocre this season because of a lack of effort. Part of it can be blamed on the coach, who clearly didn't see him as part of the clubs plans and used him as a stop gap utility man for the most part, but the coach disliked Eto'o and for all his flaws, Samu put in effort until the end. Not trying is unacceptable.

Yaya has been likely dreaming about how much money he could make in England all season.

zanela

Club didn't look to offload him last summer btw, they just wanted to buy a new DM in January to accommodate the loss of both of 'em Africans!!

The club chased Masch till Benitez (after the sale of Alonso) made it very clear that his DM was not for sale. Even Masch has said this on record. Yaya only stayed back coz Pep couldn't capture his intended replacement. When Pep took over he preferred a Keita-busi combo in midfield until injuries and circumstances forced Pep to play Yaya towards the end of tht season(08/09). So its obvious he never really preferred Yaya from the start. After Eto'o, it was always gonna be Yaya's number.

beef-supreme

The club chased Masch till Benitez (after the sale of Alonso) made it very clear that his DM was not for sale. Even Masch has said this on record. Yaya only stayed back coz Pep couldn't capture his intended replacement. When Pep took over he preferred a Keita-busi combo in midfield until injuries and circumstances forced Pep to play Yaya towards the end of tht season(08/09). So its obvious he never really preferred Yaya from the start. After Eto'o, it was always gonna be Yaya's number.

Probably right about this Z.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The club tried offloading him following a magnificent 08/09 season. But the failure to capture Masch, a pep's target led to renewal of Yaya's contract last summer. Had he repeated a similar feat, he would've still be put on sale. So blaming his subpar performances as the reason for his sale is nonsense. And its getting really boring from those who want him gone. By that reasoning Márquez , the Ukranian and Iniesta should go before the Ivorian. The fact of the matter is Yaya isn't one of Pep's fav while also the agent angle has just made matters worse. His performance is not the issue here. You don't discard players after one poor season.

not entirely true.

rafa should go, no questions.

chygrynskiy is in his first season, so allowances for adaptation mean he deserves to stay.

iniesta had a season broken up by big injuries (unlike yaya) is not at all disruptive about anything, even contract renewals (unlike yaya) and is a canterano (unlike yaya). his situation is nothing like our midfield colossus, so demanding he should go because he had a bad season (it was still better than yaya's btw) is not sound logic.

you're right, though. rafa should go before yaya.

and I don't think anyone would argue with that.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
not entirely true.

rafa should go, no questions.

chygrynskiy is in his first season, so allowances for adaptation mean he deserves to stay.

iniesta had a season broken up by big injuries (unlike yaya) is not at all disruptive about anything, even contract renewals (unlike yaya) and is a canterano (unlike yaya). his situation is nothing like our midfield colossus, so demanding he should go because he had a bad season (it was still better than yaya's btw) is not sound logic.

you're right, though. rafa should go before yaya.

and I don't think anyone would argue with that.

Hi.

Argument: Marquez is actually loyal to the club and is willing to be used in whatever role the coach wants him to be.

Not saying Rafa needs to stay, far from that, but he's not dreaming of swimming in a pool full of money in Manchester, he and the coach don't hate each other, and his agent is under control. So no, getting rid of Marquez is not a priority because his presence alone isn't hurting the club.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans