Yaya Toure

M.L. King

The Preacher
I agree, I remember some of the "experts" saying that Essien is better than Yaya. Well they got their answer.

beef-supreme

What a performance.
Completely owned the midfield.
Lampard didnt even get a sniff of the ball.
Simply brilliant.

You're right - the first time I saw Lampard last night was in the second half, when they closed up to his face for some reason. Of course, off the ball. And then after I saw Lampard before he got subbed off, when he slide-tackled Iniesta from behind.
:lol:

maz

I walk the line
He had a shot in the first half when our defenders and yayá completely backed off of him. Other than that he hardly put a foot wrong. He was always an outlet for his teammates when they were surrounded, and he often played his way out of trouble with some nice touches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One of the best performances from Yaya tonight. Gave us both the muscle and the calmness with his passing

V

Valon

I was skeptical when I saw him in CB position but he did well although his positioning could be better but then again he's a DM not a CB so fair play to him who was one of the best players in the fiend for us together with Pique, Andres and Victor.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yaya did OK, not much more. We won the game and we're all happy and maybe not thinking clearly, but Yaya did maybe 3-4 mistakes where Chelski could have punished us. But hey, he is one of the best DMs in the world - not CBs. But after all, a good performance.

M.L. King

The Preacher
What a fighter, what a fighter, Yayaaa, the monster... I love this guy... yes he was a bit slow at some times... but this battle between him and Drogba was epic... incredible... he did so well...

Home of Barca Fans