Yaya Toure

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Cant recall names, i still remember reading this often enough in here (maybe im also gotten a bit sensitive too), usually not from the top posters though iirc. But im gonna c/p every such statement from now on into here, so we can figure it out ;)

V

Valon

i'm willing to claim he is world class

I don't think El Tren is saying he's not World Class he's saying some people overrate him to the extent of calling him the best DM in the world. But everyone has their opinions.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

I don't think El Tren is saying he's not World Class he's saying some people overrate him to the extent of calling him the best DM in the world. But everyone has their opinions.
Why not?
He has it all, no ?

Great physical presence,
great technique,
great intelligence (look how he gets out of difficult situations,even in CL final)
a beast

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Its right to call Yaya world class, and he is a very complete player. But calling him best DM with someone like Essien (who ofc isnt a natural DM, but whatever ...) walking on this planet doesnt look right imo. I mean just look at Essien, if mankind will start building football androids in 50 yrs or so, they will be modelled after him. Pace, work rate, power, technique, determination, cunningness ... just an awesome package, and one Yaya doesnt come close to imo.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Its right to call Yaya world class, and he is a very complete player. But calling him best DM with someone like Essien (who ofc isnt a natural DM, but whatever ...) walking on this planet doesnt look right imo. I mean just look at Essien, if mankind will start building football androids in 50 yrs or so, they will be modelled after him. Pace, work rate, power, technique, determination, cunningness ... just an awesome package, and one Yaya doesnt come close to imo.

essien is indicative of the way football was going before the euros.

power, pace, a physically dominant machine.

but no deftness. no craft. no football.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

That's quite the wrong notion in spread about Essien... He's physical, I accept that, but he at the same time is very creative!!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
let's not get into that again. every attacking player is "creative" ffs.

essien's a blunt instrument.

a club. a battering ram. maybe an axe at best.

outstandingly effective, but lacking in craft and guile.

watching essien for me is a similar experience to watching CR.

they are both brilliant players but the awe you get from watching them is because of their pace and power and directness.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

they are both brilliant players but the awe you get from watching them is because of their pace and power and directness.

Get it :)

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron

+1 That's why the England u21's are mostly black. Youth development in this country is awful, far too much emphasis is based on physical attributes. So naturally black players who are generally better athletes make it to the top. Huddlestone is black and is a dreadful athlete so has had to be an exceptional passer of the ball to make it to the top. More technical players like him irrelevant of ethnicity would help our national team tenfold.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia

Essien is not limited to that, as he brings a huge technique to the table as well ... but even if you restrict it to this power/pace/directness, you say that you still get awe from watching him, which is rare for me at least. Honestly, there are only two players around that constantly get my jaws to drop ... thats Essien and ofc the Andresmonster - for different reasons, but always for their sheer effiency and functionality that lies within their game. For me they are the perfect ying and yang of football.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Totally disagree.
If Essien was as creative/intelligent/technical as touré he would play at barca =),Arsenal whatever.
I would take half of touré over Essien anyday

totally agree

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Totally disagree.
If Essien was as creative/intelligent/technical as touré he would play at barca =),Arsenal whatever.
Interesting reasoning ... or should i say total nonsense :/

What does that proof? That chelsea had the most money available when Essien was on the market. And that Chelsea since then never never had the intention or need to sell key players. What totally denies a transfer to Barca, ARsenal or whatthefuckever...

I would take half of touré over Essien anyday
So who was the one who wanted to know about ppl with a tendency to overrate Yaya? ...

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Interesting reasoning ... or should i say total nonsense :/

What does that proof? That chelsea had the most money available when Essien was on the market. And that Chelsea since then never never had the intention or need to sell key players. What totally denies a transfer to Barca, ARsenal or whatthefuckever...

So who was the one who wanted to know about ppl with a tendency to overrate Yaya? ...

So the richest club has the best players?
I wouldnt want 2 players from Chelsea.

Essien is a wild rhino and not good enough for worlds most beautiful football played by barca.
He would never be able to follow our passing tempo

Home of Barca Fans