Yaya Toure

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Nobody owns the circle like M.diarra. As a pure destroyer hes number one IMO. Memories of him dicking our midfield in 07 still traumatize me.
Absolute awesome post GJ. He defianetly has a lot of quality and does destroy.

mobster_1930

I can't believe that Pep wants Yaya out, he has done everything to prove that he must be included in starting 11. Can't believe that some of us are saying that there are better DM's out there, but Yaya is unique, his technique, physical presence and vision is the best of any DM. Mascherano is just a good tackler and that's it. He's not creative, he is overrated ffs. Essien is great, but Yaya is better. I really hope that Yaya going to the another club situtation won't happen.
His agent is dick though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvcSz1-piQ

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I don't think Pep does want Yaya out but unfortunately Yaya's agent is doing his level best to create an exit strategy for his client and in doing so is causing a lot of trouble in terms of the club's relationship with the player.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
yea that clearence in the box in the dying moments of chelski vs Barça game was amazing...

That was also Ballacks fault there iirc. And Yaya didnt impress me much in this game either. Ok, he played as CB, but lost Drogba on several occasions from mismarking and/or mispositioning.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
That's because he was playing at CB. His technical ability and size helped him get through that match and make some great tackles. His positioning was always going to be dodgy seen as he was playing totally out of position.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
good to see people recognising djila's skills at long last.

and essien obviously has ball-playing skills, you can't be a footballer without them, but he doesn't have the kind of craft and guile you need to play in our team. the only way I'd take him for us is if we sent keita the other way, as he's our variant in midfield. no need to have two variants.

zanela

who says Toure isn't creative? U don't make an assist like the one @ 1:02 to Henry in the video if u don't 've an eye for a pass or aren't creative.

That was also Ballacks fault there iirc. And Yaya didnt impress me much in this game either. Ok, he played as CB, but lost Drogba on several occasions from mismarking and/or mispositioning.

Like Cal said, it was only his first game as a CB last season & in a game of such importance, he still did good. His versatility, physical strength & all round ability makes him a unique DM & there is none like him out there.
And watch him totally own Dropba here (1:18-1:55). And, how many defenders/DM do that to him in the box & make him look like a clown afterwards?
jgpow2.gif

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
M diarra is sicc

but to say yaya did not play well at CB as far as i can see he played against 2 top teams in CB in the CL in 2 games and only conceeded 1 goal and that was a freak goal from essien.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Fuck M Diarrhea, he's a great destroyer but he's a one dimensional thug. I like my thugs do have skill, like Biscuits. ;)

B

beautifulgame

El tren, are you even talking about? Essien took an uncoordinated swipe at the ball and looked like a buffoon as he kicked the air just barely tipping the ball straight to Messi.

And Toure, what Toure has accomplished on an individual level during his time at Barca no other player in his position at big club has accomplished. He has been successful at shutting down the entire midfield of some of the other top teams in Europe ON HIS OWN. You cannot really ask for more than what he has given to Barca on the pitch.

Frankly man this forum is becoming a joke. Generally speaking, the cules have become more dense than the Madristas on this forum. The level of bias is far too high to have sensible discussions. Personally, I look forward more to Gio and Raed's post's more than MOST (not all) of the cules here.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
El tren, are you even talking about? Essien took an uncoordinated swipe at the ball and looked like a buffoon as he kicked the air just barely tipping the ball straight to Messi.

And Toure, what Toure has accomplished on an individual level during his time at Barca no other player in his position at big club has accomplished. He has been successful at shutting down the entire midfield of some of the other top teams in Europe ON HIS OWN. You cannot really ask for more than what he has given to Barca on the pitch.

Frankly man this forum is becoming a joke. Generally speaking, the cules have become more dense than the Madristas on this forum. The level of bias is far too high to have sensible discussions. Personally, I look forward more to Gio and Raed's post's more than MOST (not all) of the cules here.

:(

V

Valon

:whatever:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The one thing I find incredibly disturbing is more Barca fans around here seem to respect M Diarrhoea than Yaya. I'm surprised more cules around here aren't talking about how underrated Guti is now that he's in Madrid's doghouse.

Home of Barca Fans