Yaya Toure

iced1776

Man everybody was awful the second half, its almost not worth comparing. Yaya, Iniesta, Ibra were all brilliant in the first half and useless in the second.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He was one of our better performers easily. Wasn't perfect 2nd half but I remember a few important interceptions 2nd half where others had got shit as well.

X.A.U

The Special One
hope he gets a good run now

I think the only reason Bus is playing cuz he needs more first team experince. Yaya is leaving for ACN and the period he is leaving for is long (Maybe around 10+ matches of Liga, Cup and CL).

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was good even though it showed he really needs more playing time to gain his best form... I'm relieved that he played, and hopefully he can get more continuity...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Speculation about his sale will undoubtedly pick up some steam after his recent interview in Dubai is seen...Not good, not good at all...Just at a loss for how things have gotten to this point...Club should be enjoying the finest moments in it's history, not contending with the possible sale of one of the lynchpins to the success of this historic side

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Speculation about his sale will undoubtedly pick up some steam after his recent interview in Dubai is seen...Not good, not good at all...Just at a loss for how things have gotten to this point...Club should be enjoying the finest moments in it's history, not contending with the possible sale of one of the lynchpins to the success of this historic side

what did he say in his interview?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
what did he say in his interview?

This is a portion of it.

Yaya Toure may well be at the best club in the world, but the more you talk to him, the more he comes across as a player who who is contemplating a move. The Ivorian is constantly being linked with a move to England. It began with Arsenal, and now it's Manchester City, where his brother Kolo is currently plying his trade. So how does he respond to those rumours?

"I am very happy because these are big teams. Arsenal I have a lot of respect for. The project of Manchester City is very nice. They have some big players. Adebayor, Tevez, my brother is also there and he has a lot of ambition. Right now I am quiet about that because I want to see what they will do. For me the most important thing is to play every day because I need to play, because I am a young player. I am not old."

And this is the reason why Yaya moving on is not so difficult to imagine. He could walk into most top sides in Europe, but at a club that boasts the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Keita, he accepts that he has to bide his team and take whatever chances come his way. And this season a combination of injuries and the form of midfield pairing Busquets and Keita has restricted his first team appearances. It's clearly a big frustration.

I offer him a choice: You can have every single game for a top side that is not Barcelona, or you can play every so often for the best team in the world?

"Yeah, well sure, if you play every match for one team, I mean 100 per cent of the games, it's very important for you as a player. I am a strong person and physically strong as well, so I feel very complete. I can play 25 or 30 games but when I only have five or ten games to play then I am not so happy about that. We have a squad of 25 in which 11 play and the rest don't, and you can't show you are unhappy because when you get angry then you don't show respect for your team-mates...."

Yaya is tempting me too much with his words. I have to ask the question... "Honestly Yaya... Do you want to play with your brother Kolo at Manchester City?" The enigmatic midfielder throws back his head and laughs heartily.

"Yes, I have said this a lot of times before, that it's my dream that one day I want to play in the same team with my brother, but which team and where?" He smiles again. "For me, in my life the most important is God, and after that my family. And my brother is so important to me. He tells me that he wants to play with me. He's not happy for me and my situation right now and he talks to me about that. What I tell him everyday is that I want to play for the best team. Barcelona is very nice and the best team, but we don't know about tomorrow."

iced1776

I don't think that interview proves anything more than any other interview. Its the same trick journalists always pull, "What do you think of this club?" and if you say anything positive whatsoever even without mentioning a move, they post "___________ fancies a move to whatever club".

Home of Barca Fans