Yaya Toure

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I would take Toure over Mascherano every time for Barca. I already listed the pro's and cons to both a few weeks ago, and I stand by those points. Making the change would be stupid as it is, but for the money he would cost us on top of that it'd be plain retarded.

zanela

not this again. :p

1. I don't know what pep would do. it's entirely possible he'd play badger more than he plays yaya as the lil' bastard is more aggressive (which is a problem he has with yaya). however, it's worth noting that badger gets injured a fair bit so a rotation policy would help him perform at his best for a season of football.

So, basically we'll be splashing out about 30+M on an injury-prone player, so he can play half the season. His aggressiveness suits PL better where majority of his fouls are overlooked. Considering, there isn't much leniency in La liga & esp when it comes to Barca, he 'll be a disaster for us. :eek:ff:
Also, u point out that Pep could play him more due to his aggressiveness. Now, how is that fair to Bus who would 've played more mins this season & accordingly should get more in the following season for his better development. And, in such a scenario, i don't think ur "Badger" would be too happy about it.

2. I don't think yaya is a dick, I think his agent is a dick. i.e. yaya's been poorly advised. badger's agent is nowhere near as much of a dick. plus he seems like he'd be super grateful to play in a team as awesome as ours. I don't think he'd be as disruptive.

ofcourse, he'll be grateful to play for us 'coz he has won fuck all at club level up until now. He is a glory hunter. If our situations were reversed, i'm not sure he'd be wanting to leave Liverpool for us.(regardless of what his wife wants or not) You always keep bigging up the c*nt, i'm not surprised u say so about his agent too. Infact, i wouldn't be surprised if u've a man-crush on "badger" :giggle: :p

3. yaya's never a better all-around DM than badger. badger's reading of the game is simply superb.

Such superb reading of the game that his team has conceded more goals than Aston Villa, Fulham & Birmingham City. He was also directly at fault for conceding against BC at Anfield due to his midgetness. I'm sure he'll do great alongside Xavi and Iniesta in Midfield. :unsure:

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Juventus out of CL... I'd say go for Marchisio damn it. We don't need a Masch & if The Yaya does want to leave get Marchisio & we are set

Co0ter

buying Mascherano in general is a terrible idea, what is so good about him?! I clearly don't see it. Then spending 30 million on him?! Lawl. Get fucking real.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
marchisio is a prized property of juve. sissoko or poulsen would be easier to get than him

Every property has its price!! Moreover Marchisio's talent hasn't yet been realized big time to make him any where near untouchable... Since they already have 2 good defensive minded mf's in Melo & Sissokho plus Poulsen, don't think they would not respond for a decent offer. Haven't we let our youngster go to them again!? Don't rememver his name though, heard he's doing great for their reserves & is on the verge of breaking into their first team and they do have to repay for that favor!!

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I think Iago Falque was poached from us so they have no sense of repaying us for that.

Marchisio is one of the few of the generation of Juve youth that didnt slip through like cristico, palladino or de ceglie (though he is back now). I think he is going to cost probably the most amount of money than any of the midfielders that we have mentioned so far at Juve as he has quite a good potential.

I dont know Estel, I say that it is far more easy to get Masch than him and Masch has more talent.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I say that it is far more easy to get Masch than him and Masch has more talent.

Masch, right now, is definitely better than Marchisio BUT he's no better talent. Marchisio is the likes of The Yaya, Essien,... a good DM with creative abilities, can not only destroy opponent's play but also can build the attack from the back. In an year or 2 he's definitely gonna be better than Masch. But his problem is he's being wasted at Juventus by being played at wings; has Melo, Sissokho & Diego above him to play at his desired position

ryuken

Mascherano for me is a definite no no , i dont see why ppl want to splash out money to get him. We should use that kind of money to focus on getting a decent LW instead.

barca96

i really think that yaya suits our style of play the best
if not, why the treble?
and busi as the understudy..
id rather see yaya play as cb than rot on the bench..

I'm fairly certain he had that kind of run earlier in the season and sucked.

no one was 100% during that time..
it was still early season..
so it's not really fair to judge him then..

like adil said, let him have a run of 3-4 games
then he will get some rythmm..

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I don't see him leaving in January, but this whole scenario baffles me. At the moment it does look like someone has forced their hand apon the other (In a none kinky way), so either Yaya's (including his agent) actions have forced Pep to think over his squad plans, or Pep has had a change of heart, which is hard to imagine considering Yaya was so important for us last year.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
i really think that yaya suits our style of play the best
if not, why the treble?

Are you rewriting history now to give Yaya Touré all the credit for the treble? Call me confused but I seem to remember people with names like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Etoo and Henry having quite a large influence on events last season. In addition a young man called Sergio Busquets excelled himself on several occasions including the final in Rome.

barca96

im not saying he was the main reason but the whole squad was..
all 20 or so..
look at our performances compared to this year...
with yaya in Dm
and busi this year in DM

sorry to bring this up
was offline for a few days..so
i missed the boat :(

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yes he was part of the treble winning squad and yes he was excellent throughout the season, but that is in the past now and winning the treble doesn't make anybody untouchable.

Home of Barca Fans