Youri Tielemans

LorenzoVc

Guys, I see him play every week, and yes, he is very young, but I don't know about him.. Here in Belgium he plays quite well, strong passing, vision and last few weeks his longshots are also getting better, but honestly I think he isn't fast enough for a top team, and to me, it seems that his speed isn't going to change much in next years, but ofc, I can be wrong!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
What happened to the rumors about him? From what I saw of Anderlecht in the CL, Youri was a beast everytime. He would be my pick for a Barca-style CM/AM to stand in for the Don.

Hellsangel

Youri just signed a new deal for 5 years when he turned 18 in May. He's is a smart kid. He knows he still needs to develop and therefore he wil stay in Belgium for the time being (said so himself).

He was also called up for Belgium national team this time but didn't feature.

Piqué

He didn't really have a drop, he's definitely much better now than a year ago. He's just a young kid, and he does have some games it really doesn't work out for him, and then he tries to 'overcompensate' which results in some errors.

I watch him play every week, the guy is brilliant. His passing is phenomenal, he gives crosses over 50 yards, with his bad foot.

I expect him to have a breakout year next season, where he will be the best player in Belgium. He just finished school, so now he can full concentrate on football. He even had to leave the Belgium team for a day last week to do some exams, so that has to be a burden.

There will be heavy competition of Europe's best teams to sign him next summer. Hope he stays for 2 more years at Anderlecht though, but that will be the max.

Belgium is stacked with talent, it's scary. If they just get the right coach, they'd walk the next few major competitions until the early 2020s.

Jombi

Belgium is stacked with talent, it's scary. If they just get the right coach, they'd walk the next few major competitions until the early 2020s.

lol, no. They have a great generation but talk about them "walking the next few major competitions" is ridiculous hyperbole.

Piqué

lol, no. They have a great generation but talk about them "walking the next few major competitions" is ridiculous hyperbole.
True, but with a decent coach (shouldn't even be a Guardiola or Mourinho), we had a chance to go very far in het next EC. Only Germany & Spain have a better squad than us, and of course, much more experience in those occasions. But Belgium should reach the semis at the EC, otherwise it is a failure.

And if Tielemans plays up to his potential the upcoming season, he should definitely be there.

Hellsangel

Youri graduated high school so he can fully focus on his football. Should be a lot easier for him now. I'm expecting a stellar season.

3150504119.jpg

Home of Barca Fans