1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Andrew M

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

The kid is just 20, is new at the club, doesn't speak the language and there is alot of pressure. Give him time, we shouldn't try to attack him if makes mistakes. Instead we should show him our full support. Just wanted to say this.

Not to be a pedant, but he is 22

Hamzah

High Definition Member
good move by the club to announce every new thing so soon. it avoids the criticism and bad energy hanging around until after the wc. they did something right.

NotInHere

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

The kid is just 20, is new at the club, doesn't speak the language and there is alot of pressure. Give him time, we shouldn't try to attack him if makes mistakes. Instead we should show him our full support. Just wanted to say this.
he will probably feel uncomfortable in the locker room because he wont speak spanish that well, but thats really a minor thing seeing that as a keeper all you have to do is

1) stay inside an arch for 90 minutes
2) follow your instinct

Soo in terms of being a golie he will be great since he has talent, but in bbq's he will be that one in the corner until he learns spanish

Ursegor

World Champion
he will probably feel uncomfortable in the locker room because he wont speak spanish that well, but thats really a minor thing seeing that as a keeper all you have to do is

1) stay inside an arch for 90 minutes
2) follow your instinct

Soo in terms of being a golie he will be great since he has talent, but in bbq's he will be that one in the corner until he learns spanish

He is learning Spanish since like forever.

And I hope Lucho will replace those BBQs with extra push-up lessons.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think we have to lower our expectations in the first two seasons before he adjusts and gets comfortable with the new country, league, team and environment. He will make some stumbles and have some of his trademark brainfarts for sure, we need to be patient. The kid has got a great potential, give him time and let him bloom.

I think we have to lower our expectations in the first two seasons before he adjusts and gets comfortable with the new country, league, team and environment. He will make some stumbles and have some of his trademark brainfarts for sure, we need to be patient. The kid has got a great potential, give him time and let him bloom.

Yeah. Didn't De Gea use to make a shitload of mistakes? But Man U gave him time, and look at him now.

How tall is our new goalie?

Quick google search says 1.90m.

L

Learo

Not a good idea. We need to expect alot from him and if he fails, he should hear it.

Home of Barca Fans