1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

NotInHere

He is learning Spanish since like forever.

And I hope Lucho will replace those BBQs with extra push-up lessons.
ohh ok, well he wont have much trouble communicating with our fellow defenders then, all he has to say is "dejala" anyhow, or "mia cabron"

You dont want stergen to feel like an outsider?:pep:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not a good idea. We need to expect alot from him and if he fails, he should hear it.

Of course he knows the expectations are huge, I am sure he is under a lot of pressure to prove himself at one of the best football clubs in the world. He will work very hard, but don't be too tough on him, let him grow and mature. That's all I am saying.

barcanuck

ohh ok, well he wont have much trouble communicating with our fellow defenders then, all he has to say is "dejala" anyhow, or "mia cabron"

You dont want stergen to feel like an outsider?:pep:

Good thing Germany didn't take him to the world cup. Now he can practice his Spanish all summer :)

barca1899

FC Barcelona.

Nach einer schönen Zeit in Mönchengladbach werde ich nun zum FC Barcelona wechseln. Ich möchte etwas Neues kennenlernen und freue mich auf die Herausforderung. Vielen Dank für die tolle Unterstützung – Hasta luego. Saludos, MAtS

------------------------------------------

FC Barcelona.

After a great time in Mönchengladbach I will now transfer to the FC Barcelona. I would like to do something new and I am looking forward to this challenge. Thank you very much for the awesome support - Hasta luego.
Saludos, MAtS

https://www.facebook.com/marcterstegen

PaulTaylor

he will probably feel uncomfortable in the locker room because he wont speak spanish that well, but thats really a minor thing seeing that as a keeper all you have to do is

1) stay inside an arch for 90 minutes
2) follow your instinct

Soo in terms of being a golie he will be great since he has talent, but in bbq's he will be that one in the corner until he learns spanish

He's been learning spanish for ages and speaks spanish with Dominquez at Gladbach

Neymessi

I hope he plays the few initial games well and then his confidence fires up and he stays awesome the whole season.He starts it bad,and I fear media and fans will mock him and he may lose confidence.

L

Learo

"Only Brad Guzan (98) made more cross claims in Europe's top 5 leagues this season than ter Stegen (88)". Whoscored.com

Perfect. Thats just what we need. Taking back control on defensive set pieces and crosses.

F

forcabarca

"Only Brad Guzan (98) made more cross claims in Europe's top 5 leagues this season than ter Stegen (88)". Whoscored.com

Perfect. Thats just what we need. Taking back control on defensive set pieces and crosses.

That's one area were Victor is really poor. Best of luck, MAtS :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And for those quick to stuff Zubi in the bin, it's clear he did his due diligence on keepers when many were pushing for the Belgian...I trust his judgement when it comes to the sort of profile the club needs for that position

sabby

Is there a worse way to present your new keeper?

Hey guys, our #2 is leaving and we're bringin in that german kid.

Honestly, this club either does not seem to know how to present a new player or they're buying yet another keeper, challenging for the #1 spot, as well.

The press will certainly love it, given how his signing was announced...

Courtois as #1 and MaTs as #2 GK ? :lol:

abual3bed1

Wasn't he the keeper that saved Messi's penalty as a sub in the summer of 2012 friendly between Germany and Argentina??

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans