1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

zanela

Why would he be loaned out? MAtS is signed, if Navas and him can't coexist then Navas won't be bought.

You're making it look as if its MAtS to decide who his competition will be. :p Having 2 fairly young starting choice keepers in the same team is not productive. Excessive competition/rotation doesn't always work for all positions and players. The keeper's calls for a sense of continuity and stability. The deprivation of which can affect an individual performance, and thus the team. A loan would help him in that regard.
Keylor has been heavily rumoured to come for a while now. Now more so with Lucho's backing. So I wouldn't be surprised with his arrival.

BorussiaBarcelona

I wouldn't be sure with the K.Navas rumours picking up steam, a player who happens to be the new coach's call. GK is a position that can do without excessive rotation. So one is bound to get unhappy eventually. I would've preferred to see the costa rican at Atléti, but in an event he arrives, MAtS under simeone(even P.Jemez) for couple of years might do him good. He can play there regularly and adapt to the Primera.

Why in the world should someone who played in the german Bundesliga need time to adept to the Primera Division?
It's not some bum league you're talking about but one of the best in the world and especially goalkeepers from Germany are well trained and prepared.

Also, there's no way he signed with Barca to be loaned out to another team. He's coming here because it's his next step from a very good club to one of the best in the world.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No chance he is loaned, very much looking forward to seeing him fit in on & off the pitch...It's a very positive move for the team, IMO...We'll see if he can ultimately make the next step because I could see him becoming a legend here

zanela

Why is everyone taking offense to my suggestion? I meant good for the player (and in turn barca), who I think won't see much game time or see enough required for his development, if we brought someone like Keylor Navas. And yeh Bundesliga is not a bum league, but facing teams he's never faced before in a diff environment, certainly requires a bit of adaptation. Unbelievable.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Why is everyone taking offense to my suggestion? I meant good for the player (and in turn barca), who I think won't see much game time or see enough required for his development, if we brought someone like Keylor Navas. And yeh Bundesliga is not a bum league, but facing teams he's never faced before in a diff environment, certainly requires a bit of adaptation. Unbelievable.

I get it. You'r right about he's young and is unknown to the environment.But it happens in modern era football.These players are trained and prepared for that. But loaning out Ter-Stegen is too unrealistic considering Barca's present situation. It's a fixed transfer since last year. We went out for him knowing Valde's exit. Even if he becomes a No.2, which I doubt he will, no way he will be loaned.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, everyone is going to be proud of the league they support and it's natural that there would be heightened sensitivity...I don't disagree that some Bundesliga players might need a loan out from a team like Barcelona but so would many from any league...I just happen to think he won't enter into the season as a frightened lamb, I believe he will want to seize the opportunity and emphatically show his quality...We've needed more personalities like his in the squad, tbh

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I doubt we'd bring Navas as first gk. Also don't see why MAtS shouldn't be able to earn the starting spot ahead of him.

Last edited:
I

instinct

Ter Stegen: "Barcelona were simply the best option."
Ter Stegen: "We took the joint decision not to announce the move until after the season had finished."
Ter Stegen: "For me it was clear for quite some time that I would move to Barcelona. The enquiry came before the winter break.."
Ter Stegen: "we held lots of talks after that. It went positively and that's why I decided at the time to accept the new challenge."
Ter Stegen: "The important thing for me first is to establish myself at Barca. I'm looking forward to my new teammates.."
Ter Stegen: "and the new language, which I'm happy to learn. If it all comes together, I'm confident I'll play for years at Barca."
Ter Stegen: "everyone wanted to congratulate me & share my happiness at being able to join a top club. It wasn't easy for me to leave but I'd dreamed of joining Barca and I can make this dream come true now. There was no doubt in my mind that this was the right step for me."
Ter Stegen: "Obviously I have respect for this phase in my life. It'll be an experience for me both professionally and personally."
Ter Stegen: "Learning a new language and getting to know a new city are challenges I'm very much looking forward to."

BorussiaBarcelona

Well, everyone is going to be proud of the league they support and it's natural that there would be heightened sensitivity...I don't disagree that some Bundesliga players might need a loan out from a team like Barcelona but so would many from any league...I just happen to think he won't enter into the season as a frightened lamb, I believe he will want to seize the opportunity and emphatically show his quality...We've needed more personalities like his in the squad, tbh

I'm not sensitive to anything and what not.
There are four top leagues in european football and those are the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A.
Serie A has been down for quite some time with no real threat to win the CL at all.
The Premier League is the toughest one with three to five teams regularly playing for the title every season.

Then there's the Bundesliga with Bayern being the clear cut favourite and richest club. Still, there's Dortmund, a team that can challenge anyone in Europe and Schalke + Leverkusen are always able to make it out of the group stages of the CL.
They you also have Wolfsburg, who've got loads of money and will challenge for those CL spots starting next season and one should keep the name RasenBall Leipzig(or rather Red Bull Leipzig) in mind, given that they're sponsored by Red Bull and already made it to the 2nd Bundesliga.

In Spain you normally have Barca and Real, while Atletico has been good the past couple of years. Though, other then that, there's not much that I would easily see better as the Bundesliga sides finishing their seasons at the same spot in the table.

So saying that MATS should be loaned out(if there's another keeper coming) is pretty much saying that Javier Martinez should've been loaned out a year or two after Bayern bought him so he could adept to the german style of football.
And I doubt anyone thought about something like that when Bayern bought him two years ago.

Because of that, I doubt there's a chance of MATS being loaned at all, as I believe he'll either make it or be gone within the next two years.

Kerrybai

A loan move would make sense while he learns the language. His ability to communicate with our back 4 is not something we should overlook.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has been learning the language for some while so he can surely enough to communicate with others on an okay level so it should be fine.

A loan move would make sense while he learns the language. His ability to communicate with our back 4 is not something we should overlook.

Hasn't he been learning Spanish for a while?

Anyways, he isn't getting loaned out. If we get Navas, the minutes will probably be split between the two, like Valencia does with Guaita and Diego Alves. Not sure how I feel about that tbh...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IF, and only IF Keylor Navas comes and IF Lucho wants to split the minutes between them then perhaps we'll see tS playing in La Liga while Navas in CL and Copa like Casillas. Only an assumption ofc.

IF, and only IF Keylor Navas comes and IF Lucho wants to split the minutes between them then perhaps we'll see tS playing in La Liga while Navas in CL and Copa like Casillas. Only an assumption ofc.

We may even see Navas in the CL, ter Stegen in La Liga and Masip in the CDR if Enrique really wants to go crazy with the rotations. But I doubt it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We may even see Navas in the CL, ter Stegen in La Liga and Masip in the CDR if Enrique really wants to go crazy with the rotations. But I doubt it.

That would be crazy. Since Masip has been promoted, signing another gk should take back seat to other reinforcements.

Home of Barca Fans