1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Icarium

Lifestealer
If he is sweeper it helps, but it is not compulsory. He should be great at distribution which he is. Not every one can become a great sweeper keeper. I just don't want these type of things to happen, they are really embarrassing.

Obviously Neur improved and became a great sweeper keeper but not every one reaches that level and few errors like that could end your career.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Yeah but this happened to neuer so far, what, a couple of times in his whole career?
If you calculate how many more chances he prevented from even happening(like against algeria in world cup this year) I think the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah but this happened to neuer so far, what, a couple of times in his whole career?
If you calculate how many more chances he prevented from even happening(like against algeria in world cup this year) I think the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

I also said neur improved a lot. But not everyone reaches neur level. Ter stegen might fall short. He needs to find his own style and if it is sweeper keeper thingy then it is awesome. But he should force himself to be one though. It is too risky imo unless he is sure he can do it. We don't particulary need a sweeper keeper imo. But it might help though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has restrained himself a bit at the start of his Barca career, but he is a sweeper keeper unless the definition of it is Neuer, who has taken sweeping to a complete new level and shouldn't be compared to anyone.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He has restrained himself a bit at the start of his Barca career, but he is a sweeper keeper unless the definition of it is Neuer, who has taken sweeping to a complete new level and shouldn't be compared to anyone.

Fair enough. Then you could say many keepers are sweepers. Mats rarely comes off to support a defender or did he do that in bundesliga? I don't know i did not watch enough to judge. Anyway this discussion is point less. We both know ter stegen is awesome. I am impressed by his distribution. I want more and more accurate long balls.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, he did so in Bundesliga. And his distrubution is indeed awesome. While Bravo has been decent, I think a couple of more performances like these and he'll dismantle the Chilean for the #1 spot in LL too.

khaled_a_d

How good was neuer at this stage of his career

He is 6 years older so that was during 2008/2009 season.he was really good GK with Schalke,I liked Neuer from the very early days with Schalke since they were my favorite BL team.he was 3rd GK for Germany after Enke(RIP)Adler .he wasn't that good sweeper and wasn't that confident but the potential and the talent was obvious ,would say he was same level but with more potential back then

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
He is a brilliant keeper and should be our number 1. No disprespect to Bravo but ter Stegen should play all the time.

Home of Barca Fans