1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Reina just conceded a goal against Qatar Stars.

Brilliant goal by Qatar Stars against the best CB in the world, Boateng. ;)

noteiverse

If Enrique is still here next season he should just leave. Either on loan or whatever. He's 22, he needs consistent playing time.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
L.E has already hinted he'll be playing Bravo in the CL henceforth, and it makes sense. If you don't 've much experience and also don't play regularly, then you shouldn't be part of high-octane fixtures which have a lot riding on them.

He also mentioned MAtS or Masip playing la liga, so if that happens, playing Bravo in the CL won't make any more sense than playing MAtS there + in the copa does now. Seeing how our lineups have worked this season I don't see LE's quotes about what he'll do starter-wise as much of an indicator anyway of what'll happen anyway.

Last edited:

zanela

He also mentioned MAtS or Masip playing la liga, so if that happens, playing Bravo in the CL won't make any more sense than playing MAtS there + in the copa does now. Seeing how our lineups have worked this season I don't see LE's quotes about what he'll do starter-wise as much of an indicator anyway of what'll happen anyway.

He did, but I'd be surprised if he meant a permanent switch in LL. But more like a few selected (easy) ones, whilst Bravo still remains the #1 for the majority. But then, thats just my inference. Even if he intends to gave the entire second half to tS, I don't think the few games before the CL16 will prepare him well enough. A early CL exit would only complicate an already delicate start to his Barca career. So, I'm looking at it from both the player and the team's perspective. Bravo's experience would be the safer bet all things considered.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So we might be in for another BS rotation.

If Bravo is selected to play CL from now on then there should be a switch of roles.

MAtS for La Liga

Bravo for CL + Copa

Anything wouldn't make any sense unless you want to screw over a new GK of some much needed valuable experience and consistency in playing time.

Last edited:

zanela

You mean something like ........................... both PSG games?

Funny you bring it up because neither makes a case in his favor, rather the contrary. He was disastrous in the away leg (not entirely his fault), and any decent keeper should be saving Ibra's goal. Poor anticipation there. Besides group rd (whatever the opponent) and K.O's are not comparable. If you falter in the former, you can still make ground, and at worse still qualify via a second placed finish. But a second place in the K.Os will get you eliminated. There's no room for error.

I've been one of tS' exponents in the past. But call it bad luck or whatever, things haven't quite worked out for him as we'd all liked. Bravo is well ahead of him currently, and as we go in to the business end of the season, team takes precedence over all..
To put it bluntly: I don't 've much confidence in stegen atm. Bravo, for me, must start the big encounters, and he's earned it. Even if he isn't a player I particularly like. :lucho:

barca1899

Funny you bring it up because neither makes a case in his favor, rather the contrary. He was disastrous in the away leg (not entirely his fault), and any decent keeper should be saving Ibra's goal. Poor anticipation there.

How does any "decent keeper" save a shot from 11 meters that megs a defender?

L

linetty

I feel far more secure with tS in goal. He's superior in the air and with the ball at his feet.

zanela

How does any "decent keeper" save a shot from 11 meters that megs a defender?

Being beat at the near post doesn't exactly cover a keeper in glory. Given that there were players (Piqué&Matuidi) impeding Ibra's view to the farpost, he was always going for the easier option. Bravo would 've saved it, Kameni would 've saved it,

hell even Mignolet would 've saved it.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Feel the complete opposite.

When it's Bravo I feel more secure in general.
He does not give me that feeling at all. Repeatedly failing to reach balls in the air off his line doesn't help it either.

Home of Barca Fans