1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Faceless

No more faces at night
Bravo or MATS?

I want to say Ter Stegen but I watched couple of old videos and saw those own goals that he made were when he tried to control the ball with his feet. I think there is one against Hamburg where he failed to catch the ball.

Of course in Barca he might have improved on a couple of things and maybe this is one of them. I don't see any reason why he just parries the ball like that when the opponent is so near.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A couple of blunders. No big deal. Every young GK have those at the start of their career.

Kohe321

Also, there is the very important point about getting enough gametime as a goalkeeper. It's important for keepers to play a lot in order to reach their best level, which is why the rotations that Luis Enrique does is not a good way to handle them. Pick a first keeper and stick with him.

If his mind is even 10% worried with his performance every time he gets involved because he wants to impress the coach hoping for more gametime, that's 10% of focus he could have put into the game had he been more comfortable and relaxed. We won't see the best from Mats before he starts regularly, like Bravo is now. Remember how Bravo started quite shaky as well, but has improved tenfold? Gametime and getting comfortable is the reason.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If he's starting against Atletico, it's a very big test for him.

If he were going to start, he should have played against Deportivo. I think Lucho might play Bravo as starter in all competitions now, with Ter Stegen only getting smaller matches here and there.

If Ter Stegen does play, then I hope he brings his A game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he were going to start, he should have played against Deportivo. I think Lucho might play Bravo as starter in all competitions now, with Ter Stegen only getting smaller matches here and there.

If Ter Stegen does play, then I hope he brings his A game.

He played a few days ago. Will only be a gap of one week in between that and this upcoming game which is nothing unusual tbh.

I think it would be a big mistake to bench tS now. If Lucho want Bravo to start in the Copa + CL then he should start MAtS in La Liga or else keep it the same way IMO.

Nothing can come good out of benching tS and shut him down at this moment.....

Last edited:

anguy

If he's starting against Atletico, it's a very big test for him.

I think he isn't worse than Bravo, but Atletico might be dangerous team for him. They might use his tendency to box the ball out, instead of catching it to score from rebounds.

Home of Barca Fans