1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

barca1899

Being beat at the near post doesn't exactly cover a keeper in glory. Given that there were players (Piqué&Matuidi) impeding Ibra's view to the farpost, he was always going for the easier option.

Pique&Matuidi were infront the near post, with Matuidi moving out of the way as soon as he layed the ball off. Leaving Pique covering the near post which led to MAtS going for the far post, Pique getting megged and Ibra scoring. So I'm asking you why should MAtS jump behind Pique and leave 3/4 of the goal wide open?

zanela

Pique&Matuidi were infront the near post, with Matuidi moving out of the way as soon as he layed the ball off. Leaving Pique covering the near post which led to MAtS going for the far post, Pique getting megged and Ibra scoring. So I'm asking you why should MAtS jump behind Pique and leave 3/4 of the goal wide
open?

Zlatan's positioning renders a go at the far post a relatively difficult option. It's not about leaving 3/4 goal wide open, but about anticipating the play better. He failed there, simple as. Even livetime, as a spectator I could tell where Ibra was gonna line-up his shot. I'm not the only one with the opinion btw, he was criticised by posters here at the time.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
MAtS issue is that he's thrown into CL games with little game time prior to that. So of course he's going to be rusty.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bravo has grown into his role as the Starting Keeper. MAtS hasn't had the chance to do that. So it's not fair to judge him yet. Now if Enrique would give MAtS the easier Liga games prior to CL ties, or play MAtS in the league more often and give Bravo the CL and tougher CDR games, then we'd be better off IMO.

F

Flavia

+1.If there is a shot that is possible to save,I feel that bravo has more chances to stop it than MAts.

I don't feel secure when Bravo has to collect aerial balls, though. He's great at stopping shots, but to when it comes to claiming the ball, he's really weak.

Faceless

No more faces at night
His handling is not that good i think.

No one could ever forget his terrible handling in the NT and at his old club. Maybe the coaching staff instructed him to parry the balls if he isn't confident in catching it. His style feels more Valdes-ish (No offense)

Height18

BruisedKindBorer.gif

Home of Barca Fans