1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DinhoR10

Its usually the players who play well but didn't recieve the insane hype at the world cup that thrive after it. Luis Suarez vs Diego Forlan, Lionel Messi vs James :troll:

G

Gasgas

What? Bravo was infamous for gifting goals when he played at La Real.

Exactly! Remember he gifted neymar and bale, and that is vs real and barca alone.
You dont get to be the gk with the most errors leading to goals for no reason

Kerrybai

What? Bravo was infamous for gifting goals when he played at La Real.

Cmon now if we were to reject keepers for brain farts we would have no keeper at all, Valdes made plenty of mistakes, pretty much every keeper does. These mistakes occur more often when you player for a lesser team.

Say what you want about the 2 keepers but the gap between them isn't as wide as some people make out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cmon now if we were to reject keepers for brain farts we would have no keeper at all, Valdes made plenty of mistakes, pretty much every keeper does. These mistakes occur more often when you player for a lesser team.

Say what you want about the 2 keepers but the gap between them isn't as wide as some people make out.

Every keeper makes brainfarts(especially the younger ones). MAtS have had a 2-3 of them too. I think he pointed out that Bravo wasn't all that even though he had a good WC ALTHOUGH he has done quite well at Barca so credit where it's due.

As for your post then I disagree. I think the gap between them regarding distribution is big. ter Stegen is far more superior.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
@Kerrybai

That wasn't my point. I agree that Bravo has upped his game since he came here. I was just saying that to say nobody here knew Bravo before the World Cup was a bit laughable. This is because we'd already known him from his brainfarts at Real Sociedad. That is all.

Ter Stegen still, in my opinion, has more talent than Bravo. Bravo, though, has experience and the confidence that comes from the coach believing in him to start consistently. We'll see what Ter Stegen can really do next season, when/if he becomes the default starter.

footyfan

Calma, calma
As Kerrybai mentioned, it's not his distribution that can elevate him over Bravo, it's his sweeping. Bravo's distribution is good enough for a Barca goalkeeper, he makes enough accurate passes to Busquets and Iniesta that he gets his job done as required. You don't have to be Xavi or Xabi Alonso to play in goal for Barca. In shot stopping, Bravo still seems better than Ter Stegen but I can't definitively side with one or the other as TS has barely had a chance to display his skill in that department.

Anyway, TS gets way too much attention here when compared to what he's actually done for Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
A Mallorca-German. Kinda makes sense then, I guess. At 1,93 at just 16 he'll probably turn out a giant. Is he any good with his feet?

He's said to be good with distribution and sweeping, which is why we picked him up from Mallorca. He's in the Juvenil B as part of the 1998 generation. I haven't seen him play personally, but I have heard good things.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On their way to Milan Pique's Bday party yesterday.

B8C3fxDCIAE_iDL.jpg
B8C3f-pCYAA2eBg.jpg
B8C3f-nCUAATe2t.jpg
B8C2i0ACQAELXTk.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans