1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

iniesta_8

Am I the only one who cant believe that Ter Stegen is really 1.89m?

Look at this picture:
Marc-Andr%C3%A9%2Bter%2BStegen,Claudio%2BBravo,Thomas%2BVermaelen,J%C3%A9r%C3%A9my%2BMathieu,Luis%2BSu%C3%A1rez,Ivan%2BRakiti%C4%87,Alex%2BSong.jpg

Bravo: 1.85: Looks at least same hight..
Raktitic: 1.84
Mathieu: 1.92

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Mathieu and MAtS are leaning to the side a bit. If they would stand straight you would probably see a little difference. I did not thought that MAtS is listed 1.89m though.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
As far as I know, Mathieu is Pique's height (6' 4" or ~1.93m) but in that picture he looks no taller than Rakitic (1.84m) so I think Blaugrana Bull's explanation is spot on.

khaled_a_d

Am I the only one who cant believe that Ter Stegen is really 1.89m?

Look at this picture:
Marc-Andr%C3%A9%2Bter%2BStegen,Claudio%2BBravo,Thomas%2BVermaelen,J%C3%A9r%C3%A9my%2BMathieu,Luis%2BSu%C3%A1rez,Ivan%2BRakiti%C4%87,Alex%2BSong.jpg

Bravo: 1.85: Looks at least same hight..
Raktitic: 1.84
Mathieu: 1.92

He was measured by both the Barcelona and Monchengladbach .tough to think both got it wrong

L

linetty

Not this again... We had the same discussion over the same photo half a year ago. Steven is clearly leaning to his left side. Plus, what khaled said.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I see it as confidence. Yes it was a bad mistake but you can see how good the guy is if he has some confidence.

DrPepper

It was more concerning that he got pushed off the ball so easily by Agüero. I thought trying to dribble his way out there was not a bad decision by any means.

Also great penalty save.

Everyone will talk about that brainfart. Thing is MAtS is such a keeper that when he's developing, he'll make even more silly, idiotic errors. I don't see any other keeper required to follow this path of learning, except Valdes and of course Neuer (in Schalke). He's not going to be a pure shot-stopper like Courtois, he's going to play like Neuer: being a sweeper keeper. What's important, is that he doesn't get down because of this and the team keep supporting him. That's what happened this match. He apologized and everything was calm once again. And he paid it back well (although the penalty itself was pathetic). He'll learn.

He's WAY better than he was two years back or so, he was making even bigger mistakes than this.

Zangash

Banned
He made the mistake with Aguero but got back in time to scoop up the shot. Would have been furious if that'd have been a goal.

The penalty save and general play aside from that were all fantastic, though. He's definitely our future.

Home of Barca Fans