1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Since Ter Stegen is going to be out until November and we are looking to sell/facilitate the departure of Neto, who is going to be our starting goalkeeper once the league starts?

Jadentheman

It’s time to make a power play from PSG and somehow obtain Navas. He’s been disrespected and underrated for way to long. At least Barca will treat him right.

Porque

Thinking back to last season, I think Stegen problem was his lack of mobility due to the injury.

He doesn't have the best reflexes nor shotstopping among the elite goalkeepers, but he was never as unathletic as the past few seasons.

If the club has caught wind that this is a long term regression then we should focus on selling and replacing him next summer.

JohnN

His shot stoping is good and has great reflexes. What he lacks is coming out and collecting crosses, he is horrible at that. And most teams attack us with high crosses..

raedkuwait

hahhah mats cant stop shots if his life depends on it, the only time he stop shots if the ball hits him
other wise he has no clue where the ball is going , he just stand there frozen.

Bobo32

The legendary goal keeper from Sweden, Thomas Ladelli, used to say that every time he had to dive to save the ball he had made a mistake
This is something that ter Stegen surely believes in as well, and I think they are correct and that the keeper role will go through some big changes in the coming years.

If you go to fbref, search for ter Stegen, and click on player comparison, comparable players come up and you can compare his stats to them; Courtois, Mendy, de Gea, Donnarumma and Neuer:
https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...0-2021&player_id6=1840e36d&p6yrfrom=2020-2021

These are stats from last year, when ter Stegen had his worst year according to his critics, right?
You can see that he had a 71,6 save percentage on the shots, which is only beaten by Courtois out of these players.
So he stops a lot of shots, but not in the way some people want to maybe...

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Real won three times in a row with navas as GK, atletico won last season with oblak, italy won this season with donnaruma - they are elite GK's. Tese days you wont win big titles with average GK's.

Bobo32

Real won three times in a row with navas as GK, atletico won last season with oblak, italy won this season with donnaruma - they are elite GK's. Tese days you wont win big titles with average GK's.

Navas literally played for Levante (aged 26) just before he won those three times in a row.
I guess Mendy (played at Rennes aged 28 last year) is also elite now?
What about Rui Patricio or Lloris?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Navas literally played for Levante (aged 26) just before he won those three times in a row.
I guess Mendy (played at Rennes aged 28 last year) is also elite now?
What about Rui Patricio or Lloris?

I correct it: Its easier to win big titles with a worldclass GK. By the way Navas was a beast at levante.

Home of Barca Fans