1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Bobo32

There's was that bit of a problem last season with him conceding over half of any shots that were on target.

As I posted just a couple of posts above yours, he had a 71.6% save percentage last season - higher than Mendy, Donnarumma, de Gea and Neuer.

serghei

As I posted just a couple of posts above yours, he had a 71.6% save percentage last season - higher than Mendy, Donnarumma, de Gea and Neuer.

Maybe at the beginning. In the important part of the season almost every shot that went his way was in.

serghei

Ter Stegen is good with passing, mediocre at shot-stopping, and dreadful at any sort of aerial ball that comes his way. Any decent cross that flies in our box, you basically have to look up and hope for the best as a fan with that guy on goal. He's basically like the pound shop version of VV.

Haven't been confident in our keeper in La Liga since the days of Bravo and his great 2014-2015.

Nah those matches exposed him.

He has had compilations of comedy errors he's had while he was with Gladbach and a few appearances in the German National Team.

He's always been trash but was protected in his first few seasons here because during the MSN era we actually had a decent team.

Pretty much. Even in the CL season of 14-15 which is given as an example of his top performances, he's made a couple of blunders at corners in the CL final with Juve that could've buried us.

Last edited:

Daniele

marc is a great goalkeeper and you are still here writing thousands of posts to say that he is not good.
You are insignificant boogers

Bobo32

Daniela is the name of Marc`s wife.

Daniele seem overly defensive of ter Stegen. He has been poor lately, that is unquestionably unarguable.

Oh ok I did not know that.
No it is not unarguable and certainly not unquestionably. Both me and Daniele argue a bit it seems.

I asked another user the other day to make a little list of keepers better suited for Barcelona, maybe you can do it?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Oh ok I did not know that.
No it is not unarguable and certainly not unquestionably. Both me and Daniele argue a bit it seems.

I asked another user the other day to make a little list of keepers better suited for Barcelona, maybe you can do it?

Better suited as in keepers who can make saves? There's plenty and you're smart enough to know that.

Unless you're talking about being good enough to play out of the back. Well in that case Bernd Leno is more suited to us than someone like Jan Oblak, but only an idiot would argue Barca should sign Leno instead.

Bobo32

Better suited as in keepers who can make saves? There's plenty and you're smart enough to know that.

Unless you're talking about being good enough to play out of the back. Well in that case Bernd Leno is more suited to us than someone like Jan Oblak, but only an idiot would argue Barca should sign Leno instead.

So you want Oblak?
I don't know that Atletico would let go of him to Barcelona very easily...
But could you name some other names?
I am talking about better suited overall, the keeper replacing ter Stegen should make Barcelona better overall, otherwise it's of no use.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So you want Oblak?
I don't know that Atletico would let go of him to Barcelona very easily...
But could you name some other names?
I am talking about better suited overall, the keeper replacing ter Stegen should make Barcelona better overall, otherwise it's of no use.

Donnarumma would have been great, but sadly with our situation it wasn't possible. Especially with ter Stegen being unsellable right now due to his injury.

Emiliano Martinez would be an upgrade on ter Stegen given the latter's form last two years.

Mike Maignan who replaced Donnarumma at AC Milan could have been a very interesting signing for us and very likely an upgrade right now too.

It's not only MAtS poor form that's an issue right now. It's his chronic knee problems as well, which could be why he's been performing so poorly, but those issues won't magically disappear given this is the third year in a row he's been doing extensive rehab on it.

Bobo32

Donnarumma would have been great, but sadly with our situation it wasn't possible. Especially with ter Stegen being unsellable right now due to his injury.

Emiliano Martinez would be an upgrade on ter Stegen given the latter's form last two years.

Mike Maignan who replaced Donnarumma at AC Milan could have been a very interesting signing for us and very likely an upgrade right now too.

It's not only MAtS poor form that's an issue right now. It's his chronic knee problems as well, which could be why he's been performing so poorly, but those issues won't magically disappear given this is the third year in a row he's been doing extensive rehab on it.

Ok I claimed the thought of Donnarumma as a Barcelona keeper was laughable in a post above, and that Martinez, the same age as ter Stegen, would probably be just as criticized as the german after a while in Barcelona. I know you and others chilled for him, but I find it a bit strange that he who mostly played championship games until now and had his first full season this year would be better than Stegen. It is possible I guess, but seems unlikely to me. He literally never played more than 20 games in a season before this year, aged 29, despite being loaned out to multiple championship teams...

Here is another comparison of the stats of a few top keepers, including those you named: https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...1e382&player_id5=fcb38f57&player_id6=1840e36d

I don't think stats are that important though, I have posted some videos showing his worth in buildup and argued about that, and I have also showed compilations of his saves, some very brilliant. I don't want to argue too much about ter Stegen being irreplacable, I have mostly replied to some ridiculous claims ITT. I think Donnarumma is ridiculous as an option for ter Stegen, but can't really say anything about Martinez or Maignan as I didn't see them enough.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Ok I claimed the thought of Donnarumma as a Barcelona keeper was laughable in a post above, and that Martinez, the same age as ter Stegen, would probably be just as criticized as the german after a while in Barcelona. I know you and others chilled for him, but I find it a bit strange that he who mostly played championship games until now and had his first full season this year would be better than Stegen. It is possible I guess, but seems unlikely to me. He literally never played more than 20 games in a season before this year, aged 29, despite being loaned out to multiple championship teams...

Here is another comparison of the stats of a few top keepers, including those you named: https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...1e382&player_id5=fcb38f57&player_id6=1840e36d

I don't think stats are that important though, I have posted some videos showing his worth in buildup and argued about that, and I have also showed compilations of his saves, some very brilliant. I don't want to argue too much about ter Stegen being irreplacable, I have mostly replied to some ridiculous claims ITT. I think Donnarumma is ridiculous as an option for ter Stegen, but can't really say anything about Martinez or Maignan as I didn't see them enough.

The stats you provided covered from the beginning of the career, which honestly doesn't matter to me as it's the present and the future that we should be focusing on.

MATS has been underwhelming for the 19/20 and the 20/21 season and with his injuries, questions need to be asked.

IMO, currently Martinez is a better overall GK than MATS. Stats is not everything, but Martinez has been voted as the best GK in the top 5 European league by Whoscored for this season. To do that in a non-CL club, that is impressive for me. He also proven himself with Arsenal in that FA Cup run vs Man City and Chelsea and with Argentina.

https://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

Home of Barca Fans