1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Bobo32

If you watch the game it's a common theme in Barca defending. Way too soft. Avoid contact.

J am not saying to Lenglet it but take the opponent down in spots it looks dangerous.

Sometimes too soft and sometimes too rough.
This was a misunderstanding between at least 5 Barcelona players, it was very skillful the way the opponents made use of the situation. It happened pretty fast.
I point the finger at Pique mostly, but you cannot expect a team to go through a game without errors. It is easy to put blame afterwards, when you know it was a goal. ter Stegen was slightly too aggressive coming out of course, but it is tough.

iniestaGOAT

point is he needs to stop acting like a world class talent he thinks he is. He is clearly not. He is average at best. Better start improving, which he has not, or get kicked out of the team. Which I hope it happens.

gregorrin10

many rumors that the club will listen to offers for MATS in the winter transfer window

where? Can't believe it, but would be brilliant. We can do so much better, and we probably could get a nice chunk of money for him. Maybe Newcastle would buy him in a package deal with Coutinho this winter as statement signings? :p Was defending him for a long time, but his mentality is just broken after all the disasters in recent years, same as the other seniors. Not to mention his level of GK is just not good enough. Even if we improve our defense, I still think we might keep conceding with every other shot, because he's so indecisive in the air and in one on one situations. Not to mention his clownery of trying to be Neuer and conceding some more goals because of that alone. As for his mentality, I'd actually put his on par with Alba's, the biggest losers in our squad right now, while Pique and Busquets are just physically done, but still not as bad as being mentally done. Can't have that, especially in a GK, who needs to command the entire back line. Would be more than fine with Neto staying until the summer instead and finishing this season, then in the summer sell him too and go for a world class or even a young already solid GK with great potential, and promote Pena as his back up.

And selling Ter Stegen this winter would also send the right message to the rest of our seniors. Roberto hopefully leaves on a free (or we even sell him and get like 10M this winter, but we almost certainly won't do it), while Pique hopefully retires after this season. I guess I'd be okay with Busquets staying for one more season, but it would have to be purely as a back up and a learning tool for our younsters, Xavi 2015 style. As for Alba, I don't really know. In an ideal world I would like him be sold just like Ter Stegen and get in someone like Gaya as his replacement, but I think that's even less likely than us pulling the trigger on Ter Stegen. All in all, it's all about finding a (right) replacement, but I would be all for selling them both until next season rolls around.

iniestaGOAT

many rumors that the club will listen to offers for MATS in the winter transfer window

Do you really think he will go anywhere? He has a long term contract and is like one of the other senior players. Hes gonna stay and collect the paycheck.

He will also get a surgery done every offseason to probably avoid getting transferred.

Maybe if bayern comes calling in few years he might leave.

Home of Barca Fans