1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

El Gato

Villarato!
Having a poor defence isn't an excuse anymore. DDG performed like a God during his prime when Man Utd had shit defenders.

And then like shit when they started getting better people in front of him

These aren't bad keepers, but Mats actually IMO a better player when defense set up is OK.
Might be too far gone to save at this point.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
And then like shit when they started getting better people in front of him

These aren't bad keepers, but Mats actually IMO a better player when defense set up is OK.
Might be too far gone to save at this point.

defensive organization is one of the GK's responsibilities aswell as has the best view of the entire pitch

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His body language and passivity after conceding are disastrous for any goalkeeper, at any level of football. He just stands there with his face staring off into the distance, having an expression like he shat his pants. Normal goalkeepers either try to hype themselves up, encourage the defense, or have a go at their defense, swearing and showing that they are angry - which is also pretty motivating for a defender, believe me. Stegen has no authority over the defense at all. He can't command it with that personality and body language, fucking bag of potatoes.

El Gato

Villarato!
defensive organization is one of the GK's responsibilities aswell as has the best view of the entire pitch

You can understand how shifting shite around the place isn't gonna make that much difference tho
I think somewhere in there he's given up a bit too, like Varane, and needs change to have a chance of recovering old self that used to challenge Neuer for the NT spot. Just about every game he's under pressure for 3-4 years straight. He ain't no Iker who played in front of trash for years and eventually became captain. He's more of a German mercenary who's one cog in a failing machine.

gregorrin10

I definitely prefer him to Neto, but truth be told it would be very good if we could cash in on him.

Sell him to Newcastle in January, who will be desperate for anyone to avoid relegation. We won't get another chance, if we wait until the summer. And rather play Neto for the 2nd half of the season. Get Onana to sign on a free in January (comes in the summer).

Windhook

MATS is preferred by managers over Neto for his good footwork, he's capable of good long passes. But once good defenders in front of him vanish he looks like a complete fool. He's immensely overrated, yet popular, because he was part of Messi's Barca. He would really prefer to have this season from his CV erased.

mc_lovin

MATS is preferred by managers over Neto for his good footwork, he's capable of good long passes. But once good defenders in front of him vanish he looks like a complete fool. He's immensely overrated, yet popular, because he was part of Messi's Barca. He would really prefer to have this season from his CV erased.

Sorry, but Neto still holds the worst goalkeeper performance I have seen from us this season. Nothing to do with footwork.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Sorry, but Neto still holds the worst goalkeeper performance I have seen from us this season. Nothing to do with footwork.

I assume you are talking about Bilbao one ? Well in that game Mats would have conceded more than Neto that's for sure.

The fact that Mats has so much influence in the team that he is allowed to keep his GK coach should tell you all you need about him being a sure starter with these performances.

Horatio

You're welcome
As much as me pains it to say it Ter Stegen should be ahead of Neto still. Latter had his own set of disasterclasses.

Home of Barca Fans